Here are the other 292 articles by :
- Reader mailbag: Confusion reigns on Williams Ave while City urges patience (October 22, 2014)
Readers share experiences riding on Williams as PBOT works to complete a major lane re-striping project.
- There’s a cyclocross race at Gateway Green next month! (October 22, 2014)
Gateway Green: Portland’s future premier cyclocross racing venue.(Photos by J. Maus/BikePortland) We are excited to announce that six and-a-half years after we first told you about Gateway Green, supporters of the project have planned their first official bike event. Yesterday on their Facebook page, the Friends of Gateway Green unveiled plans for “Community CX,” a Read More »
- Gladys Bikes and Sweetpea Bicycles ink new sales partnership (October 21, 2014)
Two women-focused Portland bike companies — custom builder Sweetpea Bicycles and Gladys Bikes bike shop — have formed a partnership to do more of what they do, only better. Check out the press release below for more details… Sweetpea Bicycles and Gladys Bikes Join Forces to Get More Women on Bikes
- Manicures? Gourmet cooking? It’s all possible at Cross Crusade ‘Tailgator’ competition (October 21, 2014)
Which Cross Crusade team has the best tailgate party?(Photo by J. Maus/BikePortland) When you mix one of the largest cyclocross scenes in the world with promoters who focus on the fun as much as the competition, you end up with events where there’s almost as much action in the team pit area as on the Read More »
- Job: Warehouse Worker/Customer Service Representative – Portland Design Works (October 21, 2014)
Job Title Warehouse Worker/Customer Service Representative Company/Organization Portland Design Works Job Description Portland Design Works (PDW) designs and develops simple, beautiful gear for everyday cycling. Located in Portland, Oregon, we are a fast-growing passion-driven company looking for the newest member of our close-knit team. We are on the lookout for our new Warehouse Worker/Customer Service Read More »
- Smith Optics to move 35 employees to new Portland office (October 20, 2014)
A significant chunk of global eyewear brand Smith Optics will move to Portland early next year. The news was confirmed today via a story posted this afternoon in the Idaho Mountain Express newspaper. Here’s more from the IME: Safilo [Smith's parent company] CEO Luisa Delgado came to Ketchum from Italy this week to discuss the Read More »
- Bike Theft Chronicles: Shop reports thieves are cutting cables to steal parts (October 20, 2014)
This installment comes from our friends at Metropolis Cycle Repair on N. Williams and Page. The shop owner Nathan Roll emailed us to share an alarming trend they’ve noticed at the store lately. Here’s what he posted to Facebook (emphases mine): A heads up to all of our friends in the neighborhood. We have had Read More »
- Why Portland needs stronger design standards for construction zones (October 20, 2014)
A construction project is currently blocking that entire right lane where all the bicycle riders are, forcing people into a mixed-zone environment with only humans as traffic calming measures.(Photos by J. Maus/BikePortland) What a difference a few days can make.
- Cross Crusade #3 recap: Photos, drone footage and mishaps (October 20, 2014)
(Photos by J. Maus/BikePortland) Race #3 of the River City Bicycles Cross Crusade is in the books. After a double-header opening weekend at Alpenrose Dairy, the series continued in fine style with a turnout of 1,277 racers at Portland International Raceway yesterday.
- Bomb squad disarms tripwire device found on trail near Forest Park – UDPATED (October 20, 2014)
The device was an improvised firearm with a pipe loaded with a shotgun shell.