Here are the other 236 articles by :
- San Diego Bike Coalition board member in critical condition after rear-end collision (September 20, 2014)
Another serious injury rear-end collision on a rural Oregon highway. This time it was a veteran bicycling educator from San Diego, California.
- A ride downtown and biking’s social impact (September 19, 2014)
Hazel Gross and her company vehicle chatting with a customer on SW 2nd Ave.(Photos by J. Maus/BikePortland) Yesterday I took a short ride downtown and it was the perfect illustration of something I’ve known for many years: cycling in a city where a (relatively) significant amount of people ride bikes can* be a very social Read More »
- Time to step up for our local velodrome (September 19, 2014)
The apron (darker area on the right) of Alpenrose Velodrome is being replaced and we need to help fund the project.(Photos by J. Maus/BikePortland) Yesterday, while the cycling world was captivated and inspired by Jens Voigt’s spectacular hour record ride, a call for help went out for our humble local velodrome at Alpenrose Dairy.
- Jobs of the Week (September 19, 2014)
We’ve got some interesting opportunities for all you job-seekers. Photographer and worldwide bike tour guide positions do not come up very often. Learn more via the links below… Photographer – Velotech, Inc. Bike Mechanic/Assembler – Velotech, Inc. Cycling Customer Service – Velotech, Inc. Bike Tour Guide – Worldwide – Trek Travel
- Springwater path closures coming in October (September 18, 2014)
PGE Work will close the Springwater in Gresham in October. Check out the official details below: Gresham was notified recently that PGE will be closing a portion of the Springwater Trail as they replace insulators on their transmission lines. The closures will take place October 6 through October 10 and will run from 8 a.m. Read More »
- Job: Bike Tour Guide – Worldwide – Trek Travel (September 18, 2014)
Job Title Bike Tour Guide – Worldwide Company/Organization Trek Travel Job Description Do you want to bike around the world while getting paid? GREAT! We can’t wait to hear from you! TREK TRAVEL, the world’s leading cycling tour company is currently looking for individuals who are passionate about people, cycling and travel to lead unforgettable Read More »
- Weekend Event Guide: Springwater, salmon, carfree Crater Lake, and more (September 18, 2014)
Learn about the natural areas that border the Springwater Trail on Sunday’s Johnson Creek Days ride.(Photo: J Maus/BikePortland) Welcome to your menu of weekend rides and events, lovingly brought to you by our friends at Hopworks Urban Brewery. Last night I rode through a patch of fallen leaves. And I’m sure you felt that wet Read More »
- Next door to Forest Park, North Tualatin Mtns hold opportunity for off-road bike access (September 18, 2014)
1,300 acres just north of Forest Park. Just north of Forest Park in northwest Portland lies 1,300 undeveloped acres spread across four separate properties. The land, which was historically a logging area and can be currently accessed from either Skyline or McNamee roads, is owned by Metro and is known as the North Tualatin Mountains Read More »
- Oregon House candidate refers to bike lanes as “fringe things” (September 18, 2014)
A candidate for an Oregon House seat west of Salem said bike lanes and trails are “fringe things.”
- BTA staff heads to the bridges to boost ‘Bike Commute Challenge’ (September 18, 2014)
The Bike Commute Challenge is in its final few weeks, and the BTA is headed out to the bridges to remind you about it.