Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on September 5th, 2013 at 12:31 pm
Alta Planning + Design
Job Title: Programs Assistant
Employment Status: Full-time, Exempt
Compensation: $31,200/year; full benefits
Alta Planning + Design’s mission is to create active communities where bicycling and walking are safe, healthy, fun, and normal daily activities. We use the principles of transportation and recreation planning, landscape architecture and environmental awareness to design better places to bike, walk, play, and live. Working at Alta allows people to apply their skills and ideas to making the world a healthier, better place.
Overview of Position:
The Programs Assistant will provide support for Alta’s Programs Team in providing education, encouragement, and marketing services to clients with the ultimate goal of increasing walking and bicycling. This position is located in Alta’s Portland, OR office.
Key Aspects of Position:
Duties will include:
• Research, copywriting, and drafting memos and reports
• Setting up meetings and making travel arrangements
• Assisting with social media
• Assisting with stakeholder interviews
• Assisting with outreach logistics
• Assisting with materials production
• Outreach to the public about bicycling and walking
Required Skills and Experience:
The candidate must have:
• At least one year of experience working directly in a communication and/or outreach capacity with the public. Demonstrated public speaking skills.
• Ability to answer in-depth questions about bicycling and walking for transportation, including route selection, equipment, online resources and organizations, common concerns, hauling stuff and people, etc.
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to complete assignments successfully, and systems to prioritize and manage complex work flow
• Proficiency with MS Office suite of tools, and ability to create and use Excel spreadsheets
• Ability to travel for work for 1-3 days at a time
• This position may require hours which exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Ideally, the candidate will additionally have:
• Ability to answer in-depth questions about public transportation and carsharing
• Experience organizing and leading events, classes, or workshops
• Familiarity with budget tracking and/or grant management
• Teaching or coaching experience, both with adults and youth
• Experience working in schools, preferably as part of a Safe Routes to School program
• Experience creating and editing simple (Streetsfilm-quality) videos
• Proficiency in using social media as an outreach tool (particularly Twitter and Facebook)
• LCI (League of American Cyclists) certification as a bicycle educator
• Curriculum-writing experience
• Proficiency in spoken and written Spanish, including professional writing
• Experience with Spanish-English translation and/or interpretation is a plus
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities in order to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Alta offers excellent benefits, flexible work schedules, and a fun, collaborative work environment with an extremely dedicated and skilled group of planners and designers.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
Alta Planning + Design is an Equal Opportunity EmployerEmail This Post Possibly related posts