Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on September 18th, 2012 at 3:41 pm
Check it out... Portland Congressman Earl Blumenauer will speak at the Women's Transportation Seminars (WTS) luncheon in October. See their blurb below:
Email This Post
October 9th - WTS Luncheon Featuring EARL BLUMENAUER
Congressman Blumenauer discusses MAP 21
Please join us for our luncheon on October 9th, featuring Congressman Earl Blumenauer, who will be talking about MAP 21, federal funding for transportation projects and federal programs in general. Twenty years after ISTEA established a greater role for regional transportation decision-making and incorporated environmental considerations into transportation projects, Congress produced MAP-21. Public reaction to the transportation gridlock in Congress, as well as this year's elections, will determine whether we can restore more progressive transportation policies, or will suffer further reverses in the next transportation bill. What does all this mean for the Portland region and the state of Oregon? Join us and find out! Watch the weekly email for the opening of registration - you won't want to miss this luncheon...
Possibly related posts
- Blumenauer, Bike Caucus members to take "Spinning Challenge"
- Press Release: Blumenauer joins Obama bikers
- Blumenauer, state reps will talk transportation at Town Hall tonight
- Newly-elected House GOP leader once ridiculed bike commute tax break
- Exclusive: Earl Blumenauer to speak at opening of Interbike 2010