Memorable moments of 2005

Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on December 30th, 2005 at 9:18 pm

Here's my list of news and events I remember most from 2005:

And that's just off the top of my head. What do you remember most?

Possibly related posts

Comments
  • Justa December 31, 2005 at 1:51 am

the naked bike ride!

• dabby December 31, 2005 at 11:39 am

Yes, I was also on said " Naked Bike ride "
    At one point we had the block around Capt. Ankeny's completly block by naked cyclists, 5 deep

• Jessica Roberts January 1, 2006 at 12:05 pm

Bikes won big at the Oregon Legislature! Two new bike laws were passed in Oregon (allowing you, as of today, to ride on the right and leave a bike lane legally, and also helping guide the development of effective Safe Routes to School plans around the state).

The federal transportation reauthorization bill (SAFETEA-LU, but who's ever going to say that?) also passed with more money than ever before for bikes. And Oregon's earmarks included many worthy trail projects all over the state.

• Jonathan Maus January 1, 2006 at 4:06 pm

Of course! How could I forget the Naked Ride! My favorite thing was the look on all the tourists faces downtown, the smile and shaking head from the cop, and all the guys who were getting slapped by their girlfriends for watching a little too closely!

• Lenny Anderson January 3, 2006 at 3:37 pm

Jonathan,
    congrats on a great site!
    Alas, as I rode in to work on this first work day of the new year, I was disappointed to see the first evidence of the city's bike sign program...more wimpy directional signs that you have to look hard to see. The pavement markers are a slap in the face as far as I am concerned, and the directional signs are not much better.
    Come on, Roger, a city that seeks to go Platinum has got to have clearly marked bike routes at the very least.

• Jonathan Maus January 3, 2006 at 3:59 pm

Lenny, I think the new signs look good and the directional signs do the trick for me. What do you propose as a better way to "clearly mark bike routes"?

By the way, here's very recent photo of the new bikeway signs.

And thanks for the kind words about my site!