Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on February 3rd, 2020 at 5:22 pm
Full Time Mechanic
Company / Organization
WashCo Bikes is an ascending nonprofit serving 16 cities in Washington County with bike advocacy, education and service. We need a few great mechanics to join our family. Servicing customer bikes, refurbishing used/donated bikes for sale or giveaway, retail service, and educating the public on how to repair their own bikes and/or educating them on what is necessary to fix their bikes. Support shop operations and help achieve the organization’s goals.
Applicants for the Mechanic position must:
* Have strong mechanical and diagnostic skills centered around working on bicycles of all makes and conditions – at least one year of working in a bike shop environment and/or mechanic certification preferred.
* Value building community through our shop, and be able to serve a diverse customer base (diverse in terms of income, bike knowledge/experience, age, gender, ethnicity and cultural background).
* Work 40 hrs/week – Shop open 7 days so weekend availability needed.
Mechanic Primary Responsibilities:
* Perform repairs, maintenance, and walk-in services on customer bicycles of all types and conditions.
* Communicate, diagnose and make estimates clearly and thoroughly with customers and then deliver professional level repairs within budget restraints.
* Deliver professional, accessible, and helpful customer service.
* Share factual, accurate and up-to-date bike knowledge with patrons and volunteers.
* Recondition and overhaul used bicycles of all types and conditions for resale.
* Support daily Bike Shop operations
*Knowledge of POS system Lightspeed a plus.
* Represent WashCo Bikes well to the neighborhood and act as a resource for the community.
Salary and Benefits:
Paid Time Off
Potential Training Reimbursements
How to Apply
Email – email@example.com