Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on January 10th, 2020 at 4:22 pm
Customer Service Manager – SIC
Company / Organization
Stages Indoor Cycling
Our company is growing and we need great people to join our team!
Stages offers you the opportunity to advance your career within the bike industry in an environment of like-minded people, with office perks such as lunch time bike rides, friendly dogs, and more. We value a great work environment, and great employees based on our Core Values: Agile, Creative, Intelligent, Passionate, & Good Listeners. Do these values describe you? If so, and you are interested in this position, please apply online through the Stages Cycling Career Portal: www.stagescycling.com/careers.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage the Customer Service Team to provide pre- and post- sales technical support for Stages Indoor Cycling products to domestic consumer and International distributor accounts. Represent the voice of the customer internally.
• Manage the daily activities of Customer Service Representatives who are located in Portland and in Boulder.
• Delegate Customer Service tickets and follow up to SIC Customer Service Representative(s) as needed
• Develop, monitor and implement staffing models for work unit against forecast/actual volumes.
• Work with HR to attract, recruit, hire, and onboard customer service personnel to meet staffing needs
• Ensure personnel have adequate tools, training, and resources to effectively perform their job functions.
• Report to Human Resources any instances of harassment or discrimination that are witnessed or reported by an employee.
• Mentor and train direct reports.
• Carry out annual reviews with direct reports.
• Develop, modify and report operations dashboard/scorecard for work unit reflecting departmental performance against goals.
• Develop, capture, analyze and report departmental performance against goals.
• Analyze departmental workflows and implement any enhancements that may positively impact efficiency and productivity.
• Incorporate changes in processes as necessary to positively affect customer satisfaction scores, processing efficiencies, and service level agreements.
• Actively manage evolving data requirements and work closely with the IT function and software vendors to ensure various software interfaces/functions perform correctly.
• Monitor the performance of employees of the operating unit for any performance deficiencies and provide individual coaching for performance improvement.
CUSTOMER TECHNICAL SUPPORT
• Provide sales and technical support to our domestic consumer and dealer accounts
• Support pre-sale and post-sale technical support on our indoor cycles and power meters
• Communicate with customers via email and phone to support escalated situations
• Interact with other departments in Portland and Boulder office through appropriate channels
• Provide exceptional customer experience in all communications with customers
• Stay up to date on internal communication regarding our product updates, relevant competitor products, industry developments, internal processes, customer facing processes, warranty and other technical support processes, trouble-shooting techniques, and other relevant information
• Lead Customer Service team meetings and trainings
• Assistance in installations or preventative maintenance for white glove installs as requested by the service team
• Work with Operations to help implement, monitor, and maintain support portals, communication channels, and customer touch points
• Monitor activities and needs within National Accounts and respond appropriately along with National Accounts Lead
• Work directly with warranty team to achieve timely resolution as needed
• Understand and communicate to customers and service techs components of the bike and parts needed to solve technical issues
• Monitor inventory levels of parts and communicate with Purchasing Manager to order more parts when inventory runs low
• Maintain knowledge of changes to bike components and manage projects when large scale replacement of parts is required. Determine priority customers who need first stock available. Coordinate between internal staff, customers, and install techs.
• Communicate regularly with International Sales Director to understand warranty and part order needs
• Communicate regularly with Key Accounts to understand warranty and part order needs
• Provide update to Customer Service and other departments on part changes, current issues, and status of resolutions
FIELD TECHNICIAN SUPPORT
• Create monthly service bulletin to communicate current issues and solutions to field technicians*
• Occasionally travel to customer sites to provide customer service, technical support, or to oversee installation*
REPRESENT CUSTOMER VOICE INTERNALLY
• Develop and analyze customer satisfaction metrics for enhancing overall performance of services to the external customers.
• Perform customer satisfaction audits and measure results in order to continue to meet and exceed customer expectations.
• Effectively communicate with all department heads with specific feedback for improved workflow and customer satisfaction.
• Be the active “voice of the customer” in the organization, reporting to other departments issues with the customer experience and advocating for customer satisfaction whenever appropriate.
Other tasks and projects as assigned
*Designates non-essential job responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Offers of employment are contingent upon the results of background checks. See below for additional details.
• This is a full time position.
• Limited (approximately 2-3 times per year) travel to Boulder is required of this role.
• Experience in customer service.
• High level of organizational skills.
• High level of flexibility and creative problem solving.
• Ability to work independently and self-manage duties and tasks.
• Ability to use customer management and order processing systems, with training.
• High level communication and interpersonal skills, including high-volume telephone and written correspondence.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of Foundation Fitness/Stages Cycling.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Experience with Customer Service communicating via phone and email, Knowledge of bikes and bike parts, Experience with word, Spreadsheet, and inventory software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Ability to sit and type at a computer for the duration of the day.
• This position is primarily an in office position.
• Quiet office environment with noise from call center and occasional customer visits.
• Able to lift 50lbs.
• Able to squat, bend, carry equipment, move heavy equipment with moving devices; able to use fingers, hands, and arms to build equipment; able to use tools to build equipment.
This position is a full-time, in-office attendance position. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending Account, Paid vacation and holidays, free access to our fitness center, and product discounts.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and welcome applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are committed to evaluating candidates based on job qualifications. We will make reasonable accommodations as requested.
Offers of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check. Background checks will be completed only after a contingent offer of employment has been accepted. Background checks include social security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional reference verification, criminal history check, and potentially additional searches. Searches related to criminal history will take into consideration the nature of the crime and its relation to the position, the time since the conviction, the number of convictions, and relevant risk to the business and related parties.
How to Apply
Apply through the Stages Cycling Career Portal at www.stagescycling.com/careers.