Customer Service Manager
Company / Organization
Stages Indoor Cycling
About the Company
Stages Cycling came to market in 2012 to completely blow the category of power measurement apart. Six World Championships and less than a year later, the world’s most data-driven, obsessive, professional cycling team, Team Sky, chose to exclusively ride Stages Power meters to victory in the most grueling professional cycling races in the world including the world time-trial championships.
Stages Indoor Cycling brings commercial fitness facilities an indoor cycling experience that provides the quality training of an outdoor ride with a fun and entertaining atmosphere that makes the time fly by. Our visual display presents an entertaining experience while our patented power meter provides accurate and reliable power data.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for the processes and systems related to the servicing customers and support of Customer Service Team. Directs the delivery of administrative and operational assistance designed to promote revenue growth, productivity, and exceptional levels of customer satisfaction. Provides team members with the appropriate training, tools, direction and motivation to enable their success. Advocates for customers to internal departments to ensure feedback and data are available for continuous improvement of our products and service.
· Delegate Customer Service tickets and follow up to Stages Indoor Cycling (SIC) Customer Service Representative(s) as needed
· Develop, monitor and implement staffing models for work unit against forecast/actual volumes.
· Work with HR to attract, recruit, hire, and onboard customer service personnel to meet staffing needs
· Ensure personnel have adequate tools, training, and resources to effectively perform their job functions.
· Report to Human Resources any instances of harassment or discrimination that are witnessed or reported by an employee.
· Mentor and train direct reports.
· Carry out annual reviews with direct reports.
· Develop, modify and report operations dashboard/scorecard for work unit reflecting departmental performance against goals.
· Develop, capture, analyze and report departmental performance against goals.
· Analyze departmental workflows and implement any enhancements that may positively impact efficiency and productivity.
· Incorporate changes in processes as necessary to positively affect customer satisfaction scores, processing efficiencies, and service level agreements.
· Actively manage evolving data requirements and work closely with the IT function and software vendors to ensure various software interfaces/functions perform correctly.
· Monitor the performance of employees of the operating unit for any performance deficiencies and provide individual coaching for performance improvement.
Customer Technical Support
· Provide sales and technical support to our domestic consumer and dealer accounts
· Support pre-sale and post-sale technical support on our indoor cycles and power meters
· Communicate with customers via email and phone to support escalated situations
· Interact with other departments in Portland and Boulder office through appropriate channels
· Provide exceptional customer experience in all communications with customers
· Stay up to date on internal communication regarding our product updates, relevant competitor products, industry developments, internal processes, customer facing processes, warranty and other technical support processes, trouble-shooting techniques, and other relevant information
· Lead Customer Service team meetings and trainings
· Assistance in installations or preventative maintenance for white glove installs as requested by the service team
· Work with Operations to help implement, monitor, and maintain support portals, communication channels, and customer touch points
· Monitor activities and needs within National Accounts and respond appropriately along with National Accounts Lead
· Work directly with warranty team to achieve timely resolution as needed
· Understand and communicate to customers and service techs components of the bike and parts needed to solve technical issues
· Monitor inventory levels of parts and communicate with Purchasing Manager to order more parts when inventory runs low
· Maintain knowledge of changes to bike components and manage projects when large scale replacement of parts is required. Determine priority customers who need first stock available. Coordinate between internal staff, customers, and install techs.
· Communicate regularly with International Sales Director to understand warranty and part order needs
· Communicate regularly with Key Accounts to understand warranty and part order needs
· Provide update to Customer Service and other departments on part changes, current issues, and status of resolutions
Field Technician Support
· Create monthly service bulletin to communicate current issues and solutions to field technicians*
· Occasionally travel to customer sites to provide customer service, technical support, or to oversee installation*
Represent Customer Voice Internally
· Develop and analyze customer satisfaction metrics for enhancing overall performance of services to the external customers.
· Perform customer satisfaction audits and measure results in order to continue to meet and exceed customer expectations.
· Effectively communicate with all department heads with specific feedback for improved workflow and customer satisfaction.
· Be the active “voice of the customer” in the organization, reporting to other departments issues with the customer experience and advocating for customer satisfaction whenever appropriate.
Other tasks and projects as assigned
*Designates non-essential job responsibilities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· This is a full time position.
· Experience as a customer service representative.
· High level of organizational skills.
· High level of flexibility and creative problem solving.
· Ability to work independently and self-manage duties and tasks.
· Ability to use customer management and order processing systems, with training.
· High level communication and interpersonal skills, including high-volume telephone and written correspondence.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of Foundation Fitness/Stages Cycling.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
· High reasoning skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Preferred Skills Experience with Customer Service communicating via phone and email, Knowledge of bikes and bike parts, Experience with word, Spreadsheet, and inventory software.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Ability to sit and type at a computer for the duration of the day.
· This position is primarily an in office position.
· Quiet office environment with noise from call center and occasional customer visits.
· Able to lift 50lbs.
· Able to squat, bend, carry equipment, move heavy equipment with moving devices; able to use fingers, hands, and arms to build equipment; able to use tools to build equipment.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.