Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on April 24th, 2018 at 10:27 am
Company / Organization
Trisports is hiring. Trisports is Portland Oregon’s premier Triathlon and Bicycle store located just of I-5. We are a full service Swim, Bike and Run shop dedicated to service the endurance athlete, weekend warrior and beginner enthusiast. Trisports is a division of Velotech Inc.
We are currently looking for a full time Sales Associate to work with our very active customer base.
JOB OVERVIEW: The Sales Associate position handles and learns day-to-day processes in bicycle retail at Trisports – keying transactions, returns and exchanges, and handling escalated issues. This role is responsible for treating both their coworkers and customers using the following standards: identifying their goals, finding solutions to help them achieve those goals, and owning their experience from first contact through the resolution of that goal.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Operate store Point of Sale equipment
• Assist customers with product selection by spending the time to learn about the customer’s needs and then suggesting appropriate product to satisfy those requirements. This will extend (but not be limited) to bicycle selection and sizing, nutrition selection, and accessory selection
• Provide higher than expected (by the customer) customer service including but not limited to assisting with removal of bicycles from their vehicle, searching all possible avenues for special order or out of stock product, expediting all service and transactions as much as possible, and hand writing thank you cards
• Prepare the retail store for normal operations at opening time (lights, signage, setup PCs, etc) and handle End of Day procedures
• Assist with the setup and teardown of marketing events at the store (movie premieres, vendor presentations, etc)
• Work on receiving, placing product on the floor, store cleanliness, etc. at the discretion of the store manager
• Answer incoming phone calls and respond to incoming customer email
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• No specific formal education is required
• A bicycle background is great
• Must be computer literate
• This position would include weekend work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Knowledge of cycling products
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication
• Ability to work independently or with others to manage multiple task with minimal supervision.
• Ability to spend time talking to people about bicycles and all store products.
How to Apply
To apply, please click on the link below: