Sorry, this job has been filled. Browse more great jobs here.
Job Title *
BIKE SHOP OPERATIONS MANAGER
Bike Clark County
Job Description *
Bike Clark County (BCC) is a nonprofit bicycle cooperative that creates opportunities for empowerment, education, and social change through bicycles and bicycle repair. As a nonprofit, we repair bicycles donated from the community and redistribute them through our charitable programs and affordable bike sales. As a cooperative, we teach the community how to repair their own bicycles in our shareduse shop space. Our charitable programs seek to make bicycles and bicycle repair/safety education available to the entire community, regardless of income.
BCC’s many charitable programs are made possible, in part, by its communityoriented shop operations. The shop operations manager’s job is to keep BCC’s dynamic shop operations running smoothly while generating income to fund BCC’s charitable programs.
We’re looking for someone who can do more than checkoff a list; we’re looking for someone motivated by purpose and fueled by impact. Commitment to the mission of BCC is essential.
BCC has very diverse employees and volunteers. All of them choose to invest in the lives of others and have experienced the opportunities and connection a bicycle can create. The Shop Manager will organize, direct, and inspire these folks, while giving them an opportunity to create impact every day. Duties will include performance appraisals, scheduling and managing staff hours.
BCC’s Community Hub is becoming a busy bike shop. Our goal is to make sure everyone leaves the shop empowered, able to connect to the next leg of their journey, and excited to ride back to “The Hub” when the time comes.
BCC refurbishes and distributes a wide variety of used bicycles. We hold their functionality and sustainability to the same standard (maybe higher) as a $2000 Trek. These bikes will be used to connect individuals to lifeenhancing opportunities in the community, and the Shop Manager’s job is to ensure each bike has that capability.
The Community Hub also sells new and used equipment as well as new bicycles. The shop manager is responsible for managing the sale and restocking of this merchandise, including invoicing and ordering.
● Believe in mission and the transformative power of the bicycle. Read BCC’s mission. If it strongly resonates with you, then you’ve got the most important qualification.
● Kindness. The second most important quality (almost tied with the first) is to be tenaciously patient and persistently kind.
● Great communication skills, highly organized, and inwardly driven to be better at both. By nature BCC is a dynamic place. Aspects evolve as needs in the community evolve, and aspects stay the same as the core values remain timeless. To communicate and remain organized, a
qualified candidate will need to be selfdriven in evaluating and building
these skills continually.
● Bicycle repair skills a major plus, but not required.
● Teaching skills absolutely required. Must like kids.
● Experience in a bike shop or retail environment is a plus.
BCC offers a competitive compensation package based on experience.
Tuesday Saturday 10:30 am 6:30 pm
How to Apply *
Email your resume, cover letter (in your cover letter, please address how you identify with BCC’s mission statement), and three workrelated references with contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled; applications received by December 1st will receive priority consideration.