Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on September 20th, 2017 at 11:05 am
Job Title *
Bike Shop & Transit Hub Manager / Bike Mechanic (Seattle)
Bikes Make Life Better
Job Description *
Bikes Make Life Better plans and operates bike programs for large organizations. We run a comprehensive bike program for one of our clients at their Menlo Park, CA headquarters and are expanding to provide on-site support of a brand-new Bike Shop and Transit Hub at their Seattle offices.
If you’re passionate about putting more people on bikes and helping them choose alternatives to driving, this could be the position for you!
We are looking for a dynamic, collaborative, customer-driven individual to manage the Bike Shop and Transit Hub in downtown Seattle, and to provide bike repairs for employees, as well as assist with any bike and alternative transportation questions.
The Bike Shop & Transit Hub Manager will work under the direction of Bikes Make Life Better management (from San Francisco), in collaboration with our client’s Facilities teams (from Menlo Park, CA and Seattle). This position requires an individual who is a self-starter and who has experience managing a small bike operation.
This is a new position and will evolve over time. Primary responsibilities include:
• Staff and manage the day-to-day operations of the Bike Shop and Transit Hub
• Help employees with transportation options and bike parking
• Manage the loaner bike program and other bike-related programs such as Bike to Work days
• Develop and manage new bike-related programs that build community and support commuting
• Coordinate classes, rides, and events that promote bike commuting
• Repair employee bikes and loaner bikes
• Manage inventory and stocking of the Hub (with help from our other shops)
• Handle sales of bike accessories through a computer POS system
• Hire/manage other staff as operation grows
• Proven track record of outstanding customer service
• Experience running an operation or department, ideally within a larger organization
• 5+ years professional experience as a bike mechanic, ideally in a bike or all-sport shop
• Collaborative, creative and action-oriented approach to problem solving and decision making
• Highly proactive and responsive
• Self directed
• Able to work within a diverse team
• Highly organized, with experience in inventory and financial management
• Superb verbal and written communication skills
• Complete comfort with office and mobile technology/tools and POS systems
• Passionate about cycling and alternative transportation
• Work in a corporate environment a plus
• Familiarity with Seattle a real plus
Bikes Make Life Better is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with great perks.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
How to Apply *
*** In order to be considered for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, highlighting your experience as it relates to this position and tell us a little about yourself:
* What interests you about this job?
* Why would you be good at it?