Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on April 19th, 2016 at 10:37 am
Job Title *
Assistant Store Manager – Woodburn
Job Description *
Reporting to the Store Manager, this position supports the day-to-day operations, staffing, and merchandising of the assigned store. Ensures high standards of the company are maintained throughout the store and with all team members. Offers outstanding customer service to each and every customer who walks into our store. Overall responsibility is to assist the Store Manager in achieving the location goals for sales, profit and customer service.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
• Retail experience required; prefer minimum 2 years
• Available to work evenings, weekends, holidays and peak periods on a regular basis required
• Sales and customer service experience required
• Knowledge of or experience in the cycling and/or running industry preferred
• Passion for cycling, running and athletics is preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel desired
• Ability to relocate is desired
• Ability to stand on feet all day and lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis
• Assists store manager in training and development of all staff within the store to offer the best customer service in the industry
• Motivates staff to achieve daily, weekly and monthly goals
• Is prepared to open and close store and perform all management functions in the absence of the Store Manager
• Creates an environment of respectful, direct, honest communications with all levels of the PI team
• Assists training staff on product knowledge, sales presentation and POS operation
• Acts as a positive role model for the store team as well as the local community
• Understands and helps to enforce all policies and procedures outlined in the Retail Operations Manual & Employee Handbook
• Ensures the team is focused on building a customer for life with every store visit
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Pearl Izumi products, shares with team members and seeks training and support when needed
• Honors our lifetime warranty and makes the greatest effort to enhance the customers perception of the Pearl Izumi brand even when they are returning product – make it simple for the customer
• Assists Store Manager as necessary with scheduling
• Receives merchandise into the RPro system and operates POS to maintain inventory accuracy
• Assists with execution of physical inventories
• Assists manager with supply and merchandise orders
• Ensures daily bank deposits are prepared and performed according to procedure as requested by Store Manager.
• Assists as requested by Store Manager with all required weekly, monthly quarterly reports
Visual & Merchandising
• Maintains corporate visual and merchandising standards
• Ensures all signing and merchandising represents the Pearl Izumi Brand as the premier running, cycling and active athletic brand
• Eliminates anything that visually detracts from the Pearl Izumi brand in the store
• Assists Store Manager with the development of the annual marketing plan and grass roots marketing opportunities
• Represents our brand consistently in all communications. Every communication should flawlessly represent our brand image
• Performs and ensures all store functions as requested by Store Manager including sales, daily opening and closing
• Works effectively with other PI store managers and company employees.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Store Manager or Retail Operations Manager
Key Organizational Competencies:
A+ Service Focus – Focuses one’s efforts on discovering, meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations. Develops and grows a relationship for future business and ultimately facilitate the customer decision-making process.
Drive For Results – Accurately assesses critical issues and concentrates work efforts on them to produce valued results.
Collaborative – Interacts with others in a constructive, positive and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or coworkers in achieving goals and completing assignments.
Adaptable – Effectively handles changing environments within the organization; maintaining effectiveness when dealing with multiple and conflicting priorities across different cultural settings, or during times of great adversity.
Aptitude/Business Acumen – Assimilates, synthesizes, interprets, and communicates significant business and economic information and impacts.
Authenticity/Innovation – Identifies key trends opportunities, and organizational capabilities that would bring competitive advantage to the organization. Sees trends before others and integrates concepts in a unique way.
Problem Solving – Anticipates future consequences and trends accurately and has broad Displays the ability to openly receive feedback and criticism in a positive manner. Learns from mistakes and asks for others insight in times of need, rather than turning defensive. Effective in using active listening skills when engaging in conversation.
Open/Receptive – Energizes people around specific organizational initiatives, goals and visions. Ensures others hear, understand and accept a common organizational vision by guiding, translating and influencing what the vision means for everyone involved.
Reliable – Maintains personal productivity and effectiveness in the midst of change, ambiguity, or stress.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.