Job Title *
Job Description *
We are looking for a tenacious leader to direct & manage our sales efforts in launching and developing our revolutionary new product, the OTTO Tuning System, http://ottodesignworks.com, as well as future new products in our pipeline planned later this year. OTTO is a new brand in active sports developing clever solutions to enable enthusiasts to pursue their passions. The position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining key national (and eventually international) OEM/dealer/distributor relationships, and building user sales demand through field & event marketing.
The ideal candidate has experience and understanding of the cycling & active sports/recreation industries, as well as relationships with key channel dealers/retailers in the segment. The candidate must be a self-starter with entrepreneurial roots; capable of travel and product demonstration. The position will work in partnership with a small team to help build a the Brand, launch downstream products and create a sustainable business. OTTO DesignWorks is an incubator business of DWFritz Automation, based in Wilsonville, OR.
• Establish key retailer & dealer sales per strategic plan with initial product, the OTTO Tuning System
• Build profitable sales & distribution for OTTO brand and products and ensure sales policies work well for partners and company
• Lead external field marketing & demonstration programs; Provide and support distributor/dealer account marketing needs
• Support end user need / product development roadmap
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• 3-5+ years with cycling (or related) industry in some sales/external customer service capacity. Demonstrable relationships with key retailers and/or OEMs.
• Strong technical acumen such that person can demonstrate technology, explain features, troubleshooting and diagnose failures of smartphone app/camera and bicycle systems
• Passionate, proactive, tenacious, entrepreneurial spirit and willing to be jack-of-all-trades to service users and market at a high level in order to build a Brand
• Clear and demonstrable understanding of sales channels, key account selling and sales policies and strategies, such as pricing levels, terms, and promotions
• Demonstrated sales & service acumen:
– Ability to build business and relationships
– Ability to close deals
– Ability to resolve issues successfully
– Ability to follow-up, listen, and execute
– Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to meet schedules and reliably manage multiple activities in parallel
• Ability to work in a group environment
• Ability to lead & grow with business growth
Education & Experience
• 3-5+ years with cycling/outdoor industry in sales and/or service capacity
• Understanding and/or passion for marketplace and product is strongly desired
• BS/BA degree strongly desired
• Experience in international markets & sales a plus
• Experience in pricing/sales forecasting and analysis
• Experience in business start-up or product line launch is a strong plus
Working conditions include flexible and occasional extended hours in specific periods to service customers, travel and coordinate meetings or events, and will be primarily in the field. Position may filled by contractor agreement or full-time employment. Position will offer a sales commission structure to be determined.
How to Apply *