Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on May 5th, 2015 at 1:35 pm
Technical Support and Customer Service Advisor
We are looking for a bright, professionally-minded, and enthusiastic individual able to contribute their technical knowledge clearly and helpfully as part of our customer services team.
The customer service team also staffs the fitting studio in Portland and represents the company at various shows and exhibitions throughout the year.
If you are interested in a career within the bicycle trade, or you are currently working within the industry this role would ideally suit someone with a mix of personal computer familiarity, bicycle mechanics, and customer service skills.
Essential skills (in no particular order):
• Able to speak clearly and confidently with customers while building rapport in a busy open plan environment
• Able to communicate complex information clearly and appropriately by phone and email.
• Demonstrate a detailed understanding of bicycle components, accessories, maintenance procedures, and component compatibility issues.
• Touch type at a minimum of 40 words per minute (or commit to learn in short time frame).
• Record detailed information accurately and efficiently.
• Genuinely interested in being part of a company dedicated to giving children a better experience of cycling.
• Being a consistent cyclist is essential to understanding our customers’ needs.
• Able to manage high pressured situations with diplomacy and sensitivity.
• A strong team member who can work collaboratively with enthusiasm.
• Computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
• To work regular (not every) Saturdays in the Fitting Studio or weekends at events and shows as required.
• Experience within the cycle industry
• Skilled in intermediate level bicycle mechanics.
Principle Responsibilities (but are not limited):
• To answer customer inquiries predominantly via phone, email and social media but also in person in a clear and concise manner.
• To provide clear and helpful advice on bike models, sizing, and fit.
• To advise on the full range of our bikes, accessories, and technical detail as required.
• To offer support to customers in the form of aftersales and technical advice.
• To accurately process telephone orders
• To investigate and resolve order queries and ensure customers are informed of outcomes with minimal delay.
• To assist in the induction, training, and development of new team members.
• To actively contribute to the enhancement of the customer experience by promoting a customer-focused approach.
• To assist in continuous improvement within the Customer Service Team by sharing information and assisting to advance processes and systems.
• To work collaboratively with other teams ensuring best practice throughout the business.
• To support the overall business in delivering its strategic and long term goals.
Islabikes was founded by renowned British bicycle designer Isla Rowntree, one of the few female designers in the industry. The company has singlehandedly redefined the notion of a child’s bicycle with a product unparalleled in its depth of design detail.
Islabikes believes in striving for excellence, not just in our products but in our workforce too. As a small team we are keen that everyone works to their strengths, gains appropriate qualifications and ultimately enjoys the challenge of being part of a thriving company.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: Will depend on experience
Benefits: 4 weeks paid time off per year plus 6 federal holidays and health insurance
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter/email telling us why you would like to work at Islabikes and how you could contribute to the business.
2113 SE 7th Avenue
Portland, OR 97214
503 954 2410
Deadline: June 7th 2015