Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on April 13th, 2015 at 9:06 am
npGreenway seeks a Coordinator to support our grassroots movement advocating a trail for jobs, nature and recreation. npGREENWAY envisions a trail system along the Willamette River from the Steel Bridge in downtown Portland through Swan Island to St Johns and beyond to Kelley Point Park.
The Coordinator will work closely with the npGreenway Board to engage community members – including businesses, organizations and underserved communities – through outreach, awareness and advocacy.
The Coordinator will mobilize community residents, businesses and organizations to support trail completion. The selected candidate will work as an independent contractor – funding is secured through June 2016 with strong potential for continuation/expansion.
• Assist recruitment and development of a strengthened npGreenway Board.
• Recruit and engage volunteers to advocate for the trail’s completion.
• Promote and maintain outreach program (e.g. website, speakers bureau, newsletter).
• Update existing and develop new outreach materials
• Maintain contacts database and npGreenway email list.
• Coordinate fundraising efforts to achieve npGreenway budget.
• Achieve media coverage and serve as a point of contact for media
• Develop partnerships with organizations, businesses, property owners and individuals along the future trail alignment.
• Support development of a 2020 Strategic Plan for npGreenway
• Coordinate outreach and planning for a Greenway Gathering (target: Spring 2016)
• Report to the npGreenway Chair and collaborate with the Board.
• Excellent communication, computer, writing & organizational skills
• Proven ability to work and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds
• Self-motivated and independent worker
• Community organizing/engagement and fundraising experience preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: The Coordinator is an independent contractor, with compensation of $25-35/hour (depending on experience) for 80 hours a month. Minimum one year commitment required. There will be no additional benefits provided.
START DATE: June 2015
How to Apply
Send a letter of interest along with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be reviewed starting May 11, 2015.