Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on June 19th, 2014 at 8:52 am
A cool event coming to the Disjecta arts space in Kenton next week (6/26) combines two of our favorite things: bikes and books. It’s being organized by the same folks behind Filmed by Bike so you know it’ll be great.
Check out the event announcement below:
Bikes+Books: A literary event with a bar.
Wednesday, June 25
Disjecta Contemporary Arts Courtyard – North McClellen east of N. Denver in Kenton
In the last five years, Portland has seen an explosion of authors publishing bike-related books. For one night only, Nisus Gallery, in conjunction with Filmed by Bike, will bring these authors to the Disjecta alfresco stage for an evening of live readings, a bar, food cart, book sales, book signing and a photo booth in the courtyard.
This event is free. Rain or shine. (indoor space available)
MORE INFO >>
If you are planning on going to the Photobooth ride, you can do both! We will be rockin a photo booth and the photo booth ride will stop by at 9, so you can join in with them at that time.
– Joe Kurmaskie aka The Metal Cowboy
– Mykle Hansen “I, Slutbot” “Help a Bear is Eating Me”
– Lucy Burningham “Hop in the Saddle”
– Evan P. Schneider “Boneshaker” and “A Simple Machine, Like the Lever”
– Stephanie Routh “How to Move by Bike”
– Brian Benson “Going Somewhere”
– Ellee Thalheimer “Cycling Sojourner” “Hop in the Saddle”
– Sarah Mirk, Bitch Magazine and “Oregon History Comics”