Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on July 17th, 2013 at 8:13 am
Do words like “organic produce” and “bicycle delivery” excite you? We’re a small Portland company that makes and delivers organic soups using local ingredients. Each week we cook and package 3 different soups (meat, vegetarian, and vegan) and then deliver them to the masses of Portland by bicycle. So far we’ve done 95,000 bicycle deliveries and we’re hiring a new prep cook. Are you our prep cook match made in heaven?
We have a great crew of people who are passionate about high-quality, local, organic soups. Our company culture is different than typical restaurant culture – we’re warm-hearted, hard-working, customer-service oriented people who enjoy producing a high-quality product in our production kitchen. If this fits who you are and what you’re looking for, this may be the job for you.
We’re looking for someone who:
• Has past professional prep-cook experience of 2+ years
• Loves making and eating soups
• Is focused and fast; able to keep prep work and cooking on task
• Is able to wield a knife like it’s nobody’s business
• Is passionate about local organic food
• Has knowledge of seasonality, vegetable varieties and local flavors
• Is excited to learn from an experienced chef
• Can commit a minimum 1-2 years to this position
Bonus Points For:
• Experience cooking in a production environment with large batches
• Management experience
• Vegetable and chicken prepping, soup cooling, packaging, product labeling, dishes, kitchen organization and cleaning
This position begins mid-September
How to Apply:
Send 2-3 paragraphs telling us why you want to work with SoupCycle, your kitchen experience and all relevant skills to email@example.com.
Pay is $11/hour plus a generous soupy allowance.
The ability to work for a mission-driven company with passionate coworkers