Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on May 6th, 2013 at 4:48 pm
Sorry. This position has been filled.
Sales Coordinator / Tech Support
Stages Cycling is a new company that launched its first product, a left-crank based power meter, at Interbike in September 2012. Our mission is to bring power measurement to the masses at a reasonable price, while maintaining the highest standard in quality of product and customer experience. We have been growing rapidly in sales and production since our launch last fall and have a design and production office in Boulder, CO as well as a sales and administration office in Portland, OR. Stages Cycling is a part of Foundation Fitness, which first launched as a commercial fitness equipment distribution company in 2009. We are a small but ever-expanding group of hard-working individuals striving to embody our company’s core values each day: passion, intelligence, agility, creativity, and listening. If you are an avid cyclist with a desire to contribute meaningful work to a team striving for excellence, this is the place for you to thrive.
We are currently looking to fill a full time position that combines basic tech support, customer service, and inside sales. This position would start as soon as possible and will be based out of our office in NW Portland.
– Answering the main phone line, fielding all product and order status inquiries, technical questions, as well as placing new orders
– Assisting Sales Manager in dealer account maintenance, including entering new dealer orders, collecting payment, and providing order status updates
– Processing all returns, exchanges, and warranty replacements
– Other support for sales and operational functions within the company as needed
– Experience in the bike industry both as a cyclist and as a professional, preferably in a mechanical, customer service, or sales role
– Outgoing and personable, works well with customers and as part of a team
– Organized and detail oriented
– Strong in prioritizing tasks and time management
– Able to juggle multiple roles and flexible with role adapting to the needs of the company
– Takes initiative and follows up until problems are solved
– Mildly flexible schedule, must be available approximately M-F 8-5
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Candidates that receive interviews may be asked to provide additional information and professional references. Please use the following guidelines in preparing your cover letter, 1 page is sufficient. RESUMES SENT WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Cover letter should include:
– A brief overview of your personal cycling background – no need to impress, we’re just curious!
– A brief explanation of your professional experience in the cycling industry and how that would make you a good candidate for this role
– Specifically why you are interested in working for Stages Cycling
– How this job would fit into your career goals
– Anything else about your personality, work style, or background that would be helpful for us to know