The League of American Bicyclists
Purpose of the Job:
The Director of Development plans, directs, and coordinates all development activities and major fundraising activities by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Regular duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Fund Raising – Works closely with staff and board to establishes short- and long-range goals for unrestricted funding sources. Strategizes and orchestrates methods of approach to organizational donors. Researches public and private grant sources (agencies, corporations and foundations) to identify sources of restricted and unrestricted funding. Works with program staff to develop funding related projects. Organizes individual donor campaigns (e.g., major donors, direct mail and board of trustees). Assists the Director of Membership with solicitation drives for pledges of ongoing support from individual members and affiliates.
2. Major Gift/Donor Support – Produces major donor, board and special category solicitations/support materials with the intent to retain or upgrade gifts when possible. Cultivates donors by producing specialized correspondences, preparing letters of acknowledgment, scheduling and attending in-person visits.
3. Planned Giving Program – Tracks progress of pending Legacy and Bequest gifts. Fulfills requests, produce correspondences and encourage partial/early disbursement where appropriate.
4. Development & Public Relations – Works closely with the Director of Communications to create development-related communications such as the annual report, magazine articles, proposals, and web-based content.
5. Unrestricted Income Financial Reporting – Maintains accurate accounting of all unrestricted income and its sources. Interface with team and Finance to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
6. Dedicates on-going attention to personal professional development through trade organization networks.
How to Apply
email firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and Resume.