Posted by Jonathan "J.R" Reed on November 18th, 2010 at 12:51 pm
Job Title: Bike MS Coordinator
Company/Organization: Oregon Chapter – National MS Society
Overall Duties: The Bike MS Coordinator is responsible for developing a strategic plan to execute and managing all aspects of the annual Bike MS event to generate 750 riders and $550,000. The duties of the position include supporting the procurement of sponsorships and bike partnerships; design a strong fundraising plan for participants; oversee all event marketing and communications plans; build and execute a strong logistical plan; maintain oversight of the event budget; and create and manage a solid volunteer committee.
• Develop and implement logistics for the following areas of the event – routes/rest stops, rider village, finish line, vendors, communications and safety.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with participants, specifically team captains and top fundraisers through strategic communication, coaching.
• Coordinate and implement recruitment strategies.
• Meet with assigned individual fundraisers to set and achieve fundraising goals.
• Oversee the ordering and maintain inventory of prizes and awards.
• Provide oversight of Bike MS website is kept current and relevant.
• Create and prepare recruitment and informational materials (brochures, posters, newsletters, online promotions, etc.).
• Planning of Awards/Recognition for cyclists, teams, sponsors and top fundraisers.
• Recruit, train and mentor Bike MS committee members by site and act as a liaison and support to ensure the committee is capable of successfully executing all components of the event (in-kind and cash sponsorship, route development, food, and volunteers, etc.).
• In collaboration with event committee chair(s), plan all committee meetings, take accurate minutes, evaluate progress, adjust goals and timelines accordingly and keep all members informed of decisions and changes.
• Prepare annual Bike MS budget in conjunction with the Director of Development and carry out responsibilities within the budgets once they are approved.
• Prepare annual Bike MS operational plan with schedules and timelines in conjunction with the Director of Development.
• Manage logistics support to implement day-of-event production.
• Work with marketing coordinator to create and prepare PR and media materials
• Build relationships and act as a liaison with logistics vendors (facilities, government offices, parking, rentals, etc.).
• Secure in-kind donations of food and supplies for Bike MS.
• Collaborate with staff responsible for event volunteers to recruit and train volunteers.
• Oversee risk management of events to ensure the safety of participants, volunteers and the community.
• Maintain accurate, organized and centralized records and files.
• Assist with and attend other Chapter events as appropriate.
• Required to travel to multiple walk site locations to attend committee meetings in the evening and on weekends, as needed.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
To apply, forward resume and cover letter to hrdevelopment(at)nmss(dot)org