Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on July 6th, 2010 at 1:05 pm
Bicycle Transportation Alliance
This position has been filled.
Job Title: Bike Commute Challenge Program Coordinator
Reporting To: Programs Manager
Rate of Pay: $12.00/hour
Status: Full-time, temporary: August 2- October 8
Location: Portland, OR
Bicycling transforms communities by reinventing transportation and offering solutions that help solve the universal challenges to health, livability and the environment.
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance (BTA) is a non-profit membership organization with a mission to create healthy, sustainable communities by making bicycling safer, more convenient and more accessible in Oregon and SW Washington.
We are hiring one temporary, full-time Program Coordinator who will support the Bicycle Transportation Alliance’s Bike Commute Challenge program from August 2nd through October 8th. The Bike Commute Challenge is a month-long bike-to-work competition. In 2009, more than 11,000 people at 1,200 companies in Oregon and SW Washington participated.
The Program Coordinator will work as part of team to:
• Teach Bike Commuting Workshops at workplaces, schools, and other locations around the Metro area.
• Help employers encourage bike commuting at their workplaces.
• Promote the Bike Commute Challenge at community events.
• Track and evaluate program reach and success including collecting and entering contacts and other data in BTA information systems.
• Assist in monitoring and responding to web help requests that come in through the Bike Commute Challenge Website
• Maintain and contribute content to the Bike Commute Challenge website.
• Assist in planning and executing the Bike Commute Challenge Awards Party.
• Personal experience with and passion for bike commuting.
• Strong public speaking and teaching skills.
• Professionalism, comfort, and ease in a range of professional environments.
• Data entry and web facility.
• Strong written communication skills.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
• Basic bike mechanic skills.
• Event planning experience.
• Strong organizational skills. Strong public speaking and teaching skills.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume as well as a completed BTA application form in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. You can download an application form at: http://bta4bikes.org/at_work/job-openings.php. The BTA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability or legal source of income.