Technology Resources Manager
This position has been filled.
Bicycle Transportation Alliance
Reporting To: Finance & HR Director
Rate of Pay: DOE
Status: Full-time, salaried with benefits
Location: Portland, OR
Posting Expiration: Until filled
Start Date: Immediate
Bicycling transforms communities by reinventing transportation and offering solutions that help solve the universal challenges to health, livability and the environment.
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance (BTA) is a non-profit membership organization with a mission to create healthy, sustainable communities by making bicycling safer, more convenient and more accessible in Oregon and SW Washington.
The BTA uses a Mac OS X client/workstation and server environment. During 2009, all desktops and the office server were upgraded to the latest hardware and OS. To support our office needs, the BTA uses calendar, mail and other office IT tools powered by GoogleApps. In December 2009, the BTA also introduced a new CRM using the Salesforce platform.
The Technology Resources Manager will have overall responsibility for planning, coordinating and directing all IT-related functional and strategic activities of the organization. This position will be responsible for systems strategy, design, implementation and support throughout the organization, including providing administrative direction and user support for daily IT operational activities.
• Maintain systems and network infrastructure, back-ups, manual operating systems and procedures to allow continuous, successful operations
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of IT systems, including servers, workstations, operating systems, printers/copier, hardware and software, also includes office telephone systems
• Provide CRM structural systems administration support
• Identify and implement cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization while maintaining an attention to best practices
• Provide user support to employees on a daily basis
• Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing and budgeting
• Perform other duties as assigned, for example technology support for special events
Use experience in IT management to effectively prioritize and execute tasks to add organizational value on a daily basis and to strategically manage the long-term information technology needs for the organization.
• Organization and Planning:
Plan, organize and manage multiple tasks including responding to user questions, training needs, systems maintenance issues, while proactively researching the implementation of more efficient and cost-effective solutions. Be able to work well under pressure, maintain attention to detail while acting decisively in a dynamic organization.
• Customer Orientation:
Be responsive to users and organization’s needs by addressing questions and solving problems in a prompt and educational manner.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems or related field preferred
• 2+ years of information technology management and Macintosh systems experience; Salesforce experience preferred
• Ability to demonstrate expertise with and knowledge of the Mac OS X client and server environments, Apple hardware, Apple Boot Camp software and network infrastructure hardware (including routers, gateways, firewalls, and VPNs)
• Experience with collaborative applications preferred
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume as well as a completed BTA application form in PDF format via email to humanresources(at)bta4bikes(dot)org.
No calls, please.
The BTA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability or legal source of income.