It’s the day after Christmas. I’m still down here in Southern Cal. Lots of family. My two brothers and I haven’t all been together for several years so I’ll be hanging with them as much as possible before coming back to Portland on Thursday. I’ve got some great things to post about and I look forward to getting back in the groove. For now, I want to share my Christmas booty with you.
Being the bike freak of the family, I got a bunch of bike-inspired gifts. Here they are:
- A new bike bell. One of those dome ones that you just push to squeak. My mom got it from a .99 cent store.
- A patch kit in my stocking.
- New Belgium bike coasters.
- A bikey T-shirt from a charity ride with Gary Fisher for the Lansdale Playground in San Anselmo.
- A pad of paper with a euro citybike watermark.
- The book, “Need for the Bike” by Paul Fournel. Really looking forward to reading it.
- “The Rider“, by Tim Krabbe. Non-fiction cult classic novella published in 1978.
I know a lot of you are also the bike freaks of the family…so what type of bikey gifts did you get?