Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on May 22nd, 2012 at 2:09 pm
Sorry, this position has been filled.
Retail Sales Specialists - Two Openings
Community Cycling Center
Available: One entry-level position and one experienced position.
About the Community Cycling Center:
The Community Cycling Center broadens access to bicycling and its benefits. We believe bicycles are a tool for empowerment and a vehicle for change. This position is located at the Community Cycling Center bike shop at 1700 NE Alberta. The Community Cycling Center is an energetic and collaborative workplace. Visit www.CommunityCylingCenter.org for more information about us.
General Position Summary:
The Retail Sales and Specialist is responsible for ensuring the retail area of the Community Cycling Center bike shop is kept organized, clean, welcoming, and professional. Retail and/or bike shop experience is required. This position is best fit for an individual with a genuine interest in working with bicycles, the public, and has skills engaging with a diverse (varied) audience.
Essential Job Functions/Major Responsibilities:
Customer Service (60%)
• Assist customers with inquiries about bikes, programs, and services
• Provide excellent customer service
• Greet incoming customers and organize customer flow
• Field questions related to our services
• Maintain and adjust displays on and layout of the shop floor to ensure a welcoming shopping environment
• Deliver finished service to customers
• Size and sell bicycles
• Answer the Community Cycling Center Shop phone when available
• Maintain the stock of retail, new parts, and accessories on retail shop floor
• Execute and process product returns and exchanges
• Operate the cash register and perform register closing procedures
• Keep retail areas clean and organized
• Process bike and cash donations that come into the shop
• Money handling experience
• Strong interpersonal and communication
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Enthusiasm for working in a high volume retail work environment
• Available to work on weekends and during peak delivery seasons a must
• Fluency in English and Spanish a plus, ASL fluency a plus (helpful but not required)
• Able to work closely and effectively with people from different cultural and class backgrounds
• Retail and customer service experience
• Experience with bicycles
• Love of bikes!
The Community Cycling Center promotes an inclusive culture and encourages people with diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply. Visit www.CommunityCyclingCenter.org for more information about us.
PAY RATE & BENEFITS:
Hours: Full Time/Temporary (32-40 hrs/wk)
Term: May – September 30th
Schedule: Flexible 5-day week; must be available to work weekends
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and (2) references. Alternatively you may submit letter of interest with reasons why this position would benefit you and the bike shop along with two (2) references.
Jonnie Ling: Shop General Manager, Jonnie@communitycyclingcenter.org