Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on January 9th, 2012 at 10:21 am
If you ride the upper deck of the Steel Bridge be aware of a closure that goes into effect tonight. Statement from ODOT is below...
Jan. 9, 2011
Overnight Steel Bridge closures start tonight
Drivers can use Burnside or Broadway bridges
Oregon Department of Transportation maintenance crews will close the traffic lanes of the upper deck of the Steel Bridge for two nights this week, beginning at 10 p.m. Monday Jan. 9 and Tuesday Jan. 10 and ending at 6 a.m. each following morning.
During the closures, crews will perform maintenance on the bridge drainage system. The maintenance equipment is large enough that crews will need both traffic lanes to safely complete the work.
Drivers can use the Burnside or Broadway bridges while the Steel Bridge upper deck is closed. The sidewalks and the lower esplanade will remain open during the work. Five TriMet bus lines will be rerouted during the work: 4, 8, 35 and 44 will be rerouted over the Burnside Bridge and line 77 will travel over the Broadway Bridge.
No Old Town bus stops will be served by these lines. There will be no impact on MAX service.
For more information, visit trimet.org/alerts.
Possibly related posts
- Steel Bridge lower deck closed May 5-7 and May 10
- Steel Bridge closed to all users at night this weekend and Monday morning
- ODOT inspections will close Steel Bridge lower deck next week
- Photos of the week: When a bridge crossing is closed to bikes
- Steel Bridge lower deck closes due to bad gate motor - UPDATED