Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on July 26th, 2019 at 1:14 pm
Customer Service Representative
Company / Organization
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide pre- and post- sales technical support for Stages Cycling products to domestic consumers, dealer accounts, and independent sales representatives.
• Provide timely and accurate sales support to our domestic consumers, dealer accounts, and assigned outside sales reps by entering orders, answering questions, and providing guidance on sales programs.
• Provide timely and accurate technical support to our domestic consumers, dealer accounts, and outside sales reps by answering questions, walking them through troubleshooting processes, and processing warranties as needed.
• Support consumers, dealer accounts, and assigned outside sales reps with technical and sales related questions with both pre- and post- sales of Stages products.
• Direct new dealer accounts to the sales representative in their region
• Communicate with customers via inbound and outbound phone calls
• Communicate with customers via internet contact
• Interact with other departments in Portland and Boulder office through appropriate channels
• Work directly with warranty team to achieve timely resolution as needed
• Respond to customer service “tickets” submitted via email, the website, and occasionally social media
• Maintain accurate customer data and product issue data in ticketing system
• Provide exceptional customer experience in all communications with customers
• Stay up to date on internal communication regarding our product updates, relevant competitor products, industry developments, internal processes, customer facing processes, warranty and other technical support processes, trouble-shooting techniques, and other relevant information
• Participate in Customer Service team meetings and trainings
• Other tasks and projects as assigned
*Designates non-essential job responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Knowledge of and experience with common bicycle drivetrains and components, especially in regard to bottom bracket standards.
• Able to walk customers through mechanical troubleshooting processes in manner that enables them to perform troubleshooting effectively.
• Able to empathize with frustrated or emotional customers in a manner that calms them down and works towards a productive solution.
• High level of organizational skills.
• High level of flexibility and creative problem solving.
• Ability to work independently and self-manage duties and tasks.
• Ability to use customer management and order processing systems, with training.
• High level of communication and interpersonal skills, including high-volume telephone and written correspondence.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of Foundation Fitness/Stages Cycling.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Experience with Customer Service communicating via phone and email, Knowledge of bikes and bike parts, Experience with word, Spreadsheet, and inventory software.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Foundation Fitness will make reasonable accommodations requested.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit or stand; use hands to finger or handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; read and see near objects. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time in-office position. Core office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position may require overtime.
Travel is not required for this role.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending Account, Paid vacation and holidays, free access to our fitness center, and product discounts.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and welcome applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are committed to evaluating candidates based on job qualifications. We will make reasonable accommodations as requested.