Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on July 6th, 2016 at 12:16 am
Job Title *
Salem-Keizer Transit District
Job Description *
SALARY RANGE: $18.76 per hour
OPENS: June 24, 2016
CLOSES: July 15, 2016
Permanent and part-time position under the direction of the Rideshare and Outreach Coordinator perform a wide
variety of duties relating to the promotion of transportation options such as
ridesharing, vanpooling, bicycling, transit and pedestrian travel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Act as the first point of contact for Cherriots Rideshare telephone calls and
internet or in-person inquiries.
• Assist in the management and customer experience of Drive Less
Connect – the statewide ridematching database.
• Assist in the coordination of Cherriots Rideshare and Salem-Keizer
Transits’ participation in community outreach events.
• Assist with the information gathering, writing, editing and management of
transportation options information and communication (including, but not
limited to social media, news articles and website updates).
• Assist the Rideshare Specialist with coordination of the quarterly meetings
for Employee Transportation Coordinators (ETC’s).
• Provide ETC’s with appropriate program information, flyers, posters, or
other marketing collateral as needed.
• Manage administrative aspects of the Emergency Ride Home program.
• Participate in statewide TDM and regional (Oregon/Washington) planning
groups as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Requires knowledge of the field of assignment and physical ability sufficient to
perform thoroughly and accurately the full scope of responsibility as illustrated by
example in the above Essential Job Functions of this Job Description.
• Office management principles, methods, and procedures.
• Knowledge of proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence
structure to ensure that written materials prepared and reviewed are
complete, concise, and error-free.
• Knowledge of basic electronic-mail functions (email), electronic
calendaring programs and internet research tools.
• Ability to operate a telephone, automobile and bicycle with trailer
• Ability to work as an effective team member and establish and maintain
effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other employees and the general
public using courtesy, tact, and good judgment.
• Ability to work with diverse individuals.
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to ride a bike at least 3 miles per trip
• Ability to travel occasionally to attend meetings and conferences
• Use of a desktop or laptop computer and have competency in MS Office
programs including Word, Excel and Power Point.
• A valid Oregon State Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to
the District’s insurance carrier.
Desirable, but not essential:
• Experience writing human interest stories or similar articles for a
newsletter or newspaper
• Familiarity with database management software (Such as Access or Fie
• Experience using google docs
No criminal conviction that may, in the sole judgment of the District, constitute a
threat to property or the safety of others.
This is a part-time position, working a flexible 20 hour work week. This schedule
is subject to occasional adjustment because of the timing of some of the projects
or events associated with the program.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
A minimum of one year of experience working with the public is highly desirable.
Work is normally performed in an office environment, with occasional evening or
weekend meetings. Equipment utilized includes standard office equipment
including personal computer with spreadsheet, word processing, and other job
How to Apply *
Submit an Application:
By Email: email@example.com
In Person: 555 Court St. NE, Suite 5230, in Salem, Oregon.
By Mail: Attention Human Resources, Salem-Keizer Transit, 555 Court St. NE, Suite 5230, Salem, OR 97301.
Contact the Human Resources Division at 503-588-2424.
Our office hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Salem-Keizer Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer