Job Title *
Job Description *
Velotech Inc. has an immediate opportunity available for a driven, experienced and dynamic store manager to direct our flagship Western Bikeworks store in NW Portland. The successful and rapidly growing owner of two retail locations and several ecommerce websites, Velotech has recently been named to the Portland Business Journal’s list of the 100 fastest growing private companies for our fifth straight year. Velotech offers a fast-paced work environment, excellent benefits, and the opportunity for future growth and advancement.
As our premier retail location, Western Bikeworks opened four years ago and quickly became known for its knowledgeable, unpretentious sales and service staff, unmatched retail selection and inviting atmosphere. Now we’re looking for a store manager capable of taking Western Bikeworks to the next level. The position requires a person capable of defining a retail vision for the store, a strategy to achieve that vision, and the ability to execute on that goal.
Reporting directly to Velotech’s management team, the Store Manager provides confident leadership for day-to-day operations, staffing and merchandising the store. He or she works directly with store staff and the Velotech team to set and achieve financial goals and create an outstanding experience for customers. This individual is someone with the confidence and leadership necessary to take responsibility for the direction and ultimate success of the store.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
• Hires, trains, supervises and develops all staff with the simple goal of offering the absolute best bike shop customer service available in Portland
• Motivates staff to achieve daily, weekly and monthly goals through respectful, honest and direct communication, and the ability to share ideas and to listen and consider the ideas of others
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic and the personal drive necessary to lead by example
• Takes ownership of store merchandising and public relations to drive sales and promote a strong relationship between Western Bikeworks and the community
• Contributes directly to product assortment and purchasing decisions and promotes strong and profitable relationships with vendors and organizations
• Collaborates directly with Velotech’s marketing and management team to find creative ways to grow the business and better serve the Portland cycling community
• Directly assists Velotech’s Marketing Department to execute promotional campaigns across print, digital and social channels, and assist the Events Coordinator to organize all events and promotions
• Defines a vision that represents the Western Bikeworks brand, ensures consistency of message and leads the company toward that vision
• Experience as a retail store manager or assistant manager in a similar size retail establishment will be considered.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate staff and deliver a great shopping experience for consumers
• Proven strategic marketing skills and successful merchandising experience
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated leadership ability
• Passion for the sport of cycling! Must be an active participant in the local cycling scene (club and/or team member, event director, event participant, advocate)
• Available to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis
• Strong computer skills, confidence in learning new business applications and comfort with social media
• Ability to stand on feet all day and lift 35lbs on a regular basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
How to Apply *
Please send your cover letter and resume to Jobs@velotech.com