Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on August 4th, 2014 at 9:35 am
Bicycle Tour Manager
Bike Florida, Inc.
Bike Florida seeks an experienced bicycle Tour Manager for our growing small group Boutique Tours and to assist with our annual Spring Tour.
The ideal candidate will bring extensive knowledge and experience to Bike Florida with the ability to blend their unique skills and knowledge base with Bike Florida’s established culture. A successful candidate will take full responsibility for the Boutique Tour business. This includes managing our established tours while expanding our small group Boutique Tour offerings. The successful candidate will also act as the Spring Tour Assistant for the 2014-15 Spring Tour with potential of transitioning into the Ride Director position for the 2015-16 Spring Tour.
The Tour Manager will report to Bike Florida’s Associate Director.
• Demonstrated ability to organize all aspects of small group (20-person maximum), bicycle tours and larger group, 6 – 900 person bicycle tours, 3 to 5 years experience required.
• Electronic marketing experience to include electronic newsletter management, Facebook ad and posting experience.
• Website management, WordPress experience.
• Strong oral and written communication skills as well as listening skills.
• The ability to contribute to team goals for the betterment of the organization.
• Proven ability to work remotely, with little supervision.
• Public speaking and presentation experience.
• Knowledge of and ability to process timely reports and financial paperwork.
• Bachelor’s degree in complementary field, commensurate experience may substitute.
• Passionate about bicycling.
• Manage all aspects of the bicycle touring process including but not limited to: registration, route planning, hotel and meal reservations, entertainment, transportation, rest stops, contracting for services, bid management, electronic mapping, marketing, graphic art development, volunteer management, meal planning and rider interaction.
• Develop content, assemble and distribute Bike Florida’s Tour Update email newsletter.
• Create, post, edit and generally contribute to Bike Florida’s website.
• Manage Facebook postings, develop content, and respond to comments.
• Recruit, hire, and manage contractors to assist with bicycle tours.
• Prepare and submit purchase orders, travel requests, expense reimbursement documents, prepare and evaluate bids as well as check requests and hours reports.
• Create financial planning documents, and assist with projections and forecasting.
• Requires frequent, seasonal travel
Starting salary range of $30,000to $35,000 commensurate with experience; with a possibility of a bonus based on performance adding 20% or more to the base salary.
Please send resume resumes to ken@bikeflorida,org Position closes August 15th
Anticipated start date September 1
How to Apply
Send resume to Ken@bikeflorida.org