Posted by Jonathan "J.R" Reed on July 15th, 2010 at 10:28 am
Job Title: FT, temporary bike shop mechanic
Company/Organization: Bike Works Seattle
Job Description: Bike Shop Mechanic — Full-Time, Temporary, Non-Exempt. Bike Works, Seattle, WA
Bike Works is hiring an experienced full-time, temporary bike shop mechanic to start September 16, 2010 and work until May 15, 2011.
Bike Works is a non-profit bike education and advocacy organization based in the Columbia City neighborhood of Seattle. We’re committed to building sustainable communities by educating youth and promoting bicycling as a means of accessible transportation. Bike Works provides a full-service community bike shop where we sell donated, refurbished bikes, and new and used bike parts and accessories.
This Shop Mechanic position works in the community bike shop to diagnose and repair customer bikes, refurbish recycled bikes, and provide outstanding customer service. The Shop Mechanic reports to the Shop Manager, and will work closely with the shop’s Lead Mechanic. We’re looking for at least two years of experience as a bike shop mechanic, as well as someone who can work effectively in a team-oriented and systems-based work environment. Lastly, we’re seeking someone who can thrive in a fast-paced retail setting.
1. Perform bicycle repair, maintenance, and walk-in services on
customer bicycles of all types and conditions.
2. Recondition/overhaul used bicycles of all types and conditions for resale.
3. Deliver professional, accessible, and helpful customer service to a
diverse customer base.
4. Support daily bike shop operations.
Other Required Qualifications
1. Prior experience with retail Point of Sale systems.
2. Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
3. Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
4. Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision and as
part of a team; and work well with diverse
styles and personalities.
5. Strong commitment to promoting bicycling, supporting youth and to
advancing social change.
$12.00 per hour, full-time, non-exempt.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at www.bikeworks.org for more information about Bike Works. Email your resume, cover letter, and contact information with three references to
steve(at)bikeworks(dot)org. No phone calls please. Position is open until filled; applications received by August 1 will receive priority consideration.