Spooky bike fun begins tonight

Posted by on October 27th, 2006 at 8:34 am

If you like to mix bikes into your Halloween festivities, you’ll have plenty of options this weekend.

Tonight there are two big group rides that will give you a chance to dress up and ride with other spooky cyclists. There’s the traditional Critical Mass ride that leaves from the North Park Blocks (Burnside & Couch) and the People’s Ride, which is a new ride that leaves from Ladd’s Circle Park (SE Harrison & 16th, event flyer here). Time to meet for both rides is 5:30 and they’re expected to meet up with each other at some point.

crossCrusadeHalloween.gif

Then on Saturday their are two more options for the 21 and over crowd. The folks from PUMP are doing night-time trail ride, “complete with masks, costumes, scary music and possible surprises on the trail.” It’s not happening in Portland, so check out their website for the details.

Closer to home, the messengers are doing their annual Zombie Massacre Cult (event flyer). What? Don’t know what a Zombie Massacre Cult is? Well check out this recap from last year’s event.

And how could I forget to mention the Halloween Festival at the Cross Crusade Series race out at Flying M Ranch? There will be a costume party, a bike “Derby of Doom”, bicycle petting zoo, and more. And don’t forget, everyone racing in costume will get $5 off their entry fees.

Have fun!

NOTE: We love your comments and work hard to ensure they are productive, considerate, and welcoming of all perspectives. Disagreements are encouraged, but only if done with tact and respect. If you see a mean or inappropriate comment, please contact us and we'll take a look at it right away. Also, if you comment frequently, please consider holding your thoughts so that others can step forward. Thank you — Jonathan

4 Comments
  • Avatar
    Clem October 27, 2006 at 10:45 am

    Who wants to put together a Zombie Massacre Cult team? clemethabercrombie [at] gmail.com

    Recommended Thumb up 0

  • Avatar
    Steve Kirkendall October 27, 2006 at 11:50 am

    Two other important options:

    First, there’s City Repair’s “Howl” (9pm, 320 SE 2nd, http://www.cityrepair.org/wiki.php/wow/howl). Tickets are expensive ($18-$25 at the door) but hey, it’s a fundraiser for Shift’s unbrella 501(c)3.

    Second, well, check the Zoobomb forum. It seems like 30% of the individual Zoobombers are throwing parties this weekend, and the other 70% are collecting flyers from other parties. I expect to see a lot of cyclists on little bikes migrating from one party to the next.

    Recommended Thumb up 0

  • Avatar
    Dabby October 27, 2006 at 9:51 pm

    Zombie massacre is not a team race.

    Recommended Thumb up 0

  • Avatar
    J.Lu October 28, 2006 at 10:02 am

    You can have a team in the Zombie Cult Massacre if you want. Just bring a costume.

    Recommended Thumb up 0

  • Avatar