Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on December 7th, 2016 at 11:47 am
Job Title *
Job Description *
Western Bikeworks is looking for a full-time Mechanic. We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous PTO accrual, 401k, and paid holidays.
JOB OVERVIEW: The Mechanic position is often a key component in “Empowering people to achieve their bike-related goals in whatever form they may take.” This role is literally the barrier for many of our customers in getting back on the road, and as such must be prepared to fully investigate the customer’s needs, find efficient solutions to their problems, and own the customer experience from the moment a repair is checked-in until the moment the customer is back on the road.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Provide higher than expected (by the customer) customer service including but not limited to assisting with removal of bicycles from their vehicle, searching all possible avenues for special order or out of stock product, expediting all service and transactions as much as possible, and able to refrain from offering an opinion on the quality of the customer’s bike
• Operate store Point of Sale equipment
• Assess customer’s bikes for indicated problems and generate an accurate financial and time estimate for repairing the issue to the customer’s satisfaction
• Familiar with all aspects of bicycle technologies, including but not limited to
o SRAM Red eTap
o Hydraulic Disk Brakes
o Front and rear suspension
• Able to troubleshoot appropriate solutions for systems that do not have readily available replacement parts
• Willing to have service quality held to a checklist of required services for completion of a given type of service
• Prepare the service area for normal operations at opening time and handle End of Day procedures including cleaning up work station and ensuring all continuing work is communicated appropriately
• Answer incoming phone calls and respond to incoming customer email
• Able to assist on the sales floor when required
• Comfortable transitioning a customer to other appropriate staff members when needed
• Interested in providing gratis repair or safety checks at community-support events
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• No specific formal education is required
• Two years of professional shop experience
• Must be computer literate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Solid knowledge of cycling products
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication
• Ability to be an advocate for cycling in the local community
• Ability to work independently or with others to manage multiple task with minimal supervision.
• Ability to spend time talking to people about bicycles.
How to Apply *
Please apply by clicking on link below: