Share your bike stories with us

Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on April 27th, 2012 at 4:07 pm

A family ride from NoPo to Sellwood-22

I'm looking to share more community voices here on the Front Page. Would you like to be one of them?

Contrary to popular belief, I do not have any regular writing staff (beyond Mr. Will Vanlue who is paid for the Monday Roundup each week). That fact not only tires me out, but it makes it heard for me to take a vacation (which is what I'm doing starting early next week). Beyond that, BikePortland needs to hear more voices from the community!

We've created something pretty awesome here (notice I say "we" as in you and me and everyone who makes (and has made) BikePortland possible) and I'd love to allow others to take a turn at the megaphone every once in a while.

On that note, I've published a new submission form that you can use to email me your essays, ruminations, perspectives, and so on.

I'll be on the road with my family the first part of May, so I'm looking to post several reader submissions while I'm gone. If you have something to say, head over to the Share Your Story page and send it in. Thanks!

Possibly related posts

Comments
  • daisy April 27, 2012 at 4:40 pm

A lovely idea, Jonathan! Can you give an approximate range for number of words?

• Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) April 28, 2012 at 8:14 am

Hi daisy, how about 400-600 words. Although, don't feel limited. If you have an amazing story that needs to be longer or something powerful that is short and sweet — feel free to send it in. Thanks.

• John R. April 27, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Excellent idea. Tell me that this might be a permanent feature? You do amazing work, but I sometimes think the site might benefit from a curated/blueoregon type approach.

• Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) April 28, 2012 at 8:15 am

Thanks John R.
      Yes, my plan is to keep this form going permanently. I won't promise a BlueOregon type system just yet. Baby steps.

• q`Tzal April 27, 2012 at 6:12 pm

My vote's for K'Tesh for the "community advocacy and civic how-to

• q`Tzal April 27, 2012 at 6:14 pm

durn tiny phone keyboards

My vote's for K'Tesh for the "community advocacy and civic how-to" beat.

Sorry for throwing you under the bus there K'Tesh :)