Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on May 17th, 2019 at 6:28 pm
e-COMMERCE CATEGORY MANAGER
Company / Organization
JOB OVERVIEW: Ultimately responsible for assigned categories inventory levels and turns, revenue and profitability. Manage product assortment lifecycles from first receipt to closeout status.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Drive seasonal strategy for categories of responsibility and create best in class channel relevant assortments specific to our consumer and on trend that drive top line sales and profitability to achieve targets. Build assortments that showcase the breadth of the Velotech brand portfolio, ensuring a balance between commercial and brand objectives.
• Build and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams (i.e. marketing, web sales/customer service, retail store, operations) to obtain information necessary to create and execute merchandising strategies.
• Identify, develop and execute sales, marketing and promotional opportunities at the category, collection and product level to maximize sales for both pre-season and in season for all entities
• Analyze seasonal assortment of products, use the data to create strategy for future seasons, and recommend/execute courses of action.
• Interface with retail store to optimize on-floor presentations and inventory turn.
• React to changing consumer trends via weekly, monthly, quarterly and seasonal product decisions including being first to market, keeping product in stock at optimal levels, temporary and permanent markdown decisions and driving advertising decisions all while keeping within gross margin targets.
• Manage your assigned categories within inventory, revenue and profit plans always keeping in mind the differing needs of the brick and mortar stores within the e-Commerce world.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• 3+ years Purchasing, Procurement, Buying experience.
• Proficient in MS Word and data entry.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• BA/BS degree preferred.
• Domestic travel for work events
How to Apply
Please click on the link below to apply: