Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on April 10th, 2019 at 6:42 am
Service Writer- Full Time
Company / Organization
JOB OVERVIEW: This position acts as a facilitator for the Western Bikeworks Retail Mission for all staff in the service department: “Empowering people to achieve their bike-related goals in whatever form they may take.” As a result, this role is responsible for taking on many of the day-to-day duties that allow other service staff to efficiently and effectively complete their duties. This position is also responsible for ensuring all staff understand and embody these principles when performing their job duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
● Assists Service Manager with day-to-day functions.
● Assists Service Staff with exceeding customer expectations.
● Manages daily workflow through the store’s service scheduling software.
● Places appropriate special orders and ensures that all policies are followed for ordering and receiving small parts.
● Helps process bike related warranties as needed.
● Requests appropriate product so that the store has repair parts necessary for fast service turn-around.
● Monitors daily service levels and ensures enough resources are available to complete scheduled services and that each specialty service is assigned to a mechanic capable of completing that service
● Works with Service Manager to handle all anomalies that arise from service operations.
● Is the face of the service department.
● Able to assess customer’s bikes for indicated problems and generate an accurate financial and time estimate for repairing the issue to the customer’s satisfaction
● Familiar with all aspects of bicycle technologies, including but not limited to
o SRAM Red eTap
o Hydraulic Disk Brakes
o Front and rear suspension
● Able to troubleshoot appropriate solutions for systems that do not have readily available replacement parts
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
● 3 years professional shop experience
● A bicycle background is a must
● Must be computer literate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
● Familiar with the repair and function of all commonly used drivetrain and suspension technologies.
● Aware of appropriate vendors for sourcing replacement parts and tools to ensure timely repair turn-around
● Excellent communication and organizational skills
● Solid knowledge of cycling products
● Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication
● Ability to be an advocate for cycling in the local community
● Ability to work independently or with others to manage multiple task with minimal supervision.
● Ability to spend time talking to people about bicycles.