Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on November 7th, 2018 at 2:19 am
Senior Associate – Urban Planning & Sustainability
Company / Organization
Urban Land Institute
Passionate about environmental sustainability and urban planning? Savvy with both projects and people?
ULI Northwest is looking for a member to join our small team of energetic professionals. Our work group is the productive force behind an array of programs and initiatives in real estate development and land use in the Pacific Northwest. As the local District Council of the Urban Land Institute, a non-profit research and education organization, we carry forth ULI’s mission to connect the global real estate community and provide leadership in the responsible use of land and to create and sustain thriving communities. We have more than 40,000 members worldwide representing the entire spectrum of disciplines, working in private enterprise and public service.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Associate in Portland, OR.
The Senior Associate is the “hub” of ULI Northwest programs and initiatives. The Senior Associate provides leadership, tracks project details and ensures all trains are running on schedule. The successful candidate will be passionate about land use, self-driven, energetic, highly organized, and able to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced and fluid work environment. Work will be done independently as well as part of an integrated team.
The Senior Associate will see and steer potential in groups and implement a balance of stepping up to lead groups while knowing when to lead from behind. The Senior Associate will have a strong sense of the “big picture” and also carefully implement projects, attending to and tracking all necessary details. The most successful candidate will help brainstorm new projects, ask great questions and contribute creative ideas; and enjoy interacting with a diverse swath of the Northwest real estate community. There will be occasional travel throughout Oregon and Washington and occasional work early mornings and evenings.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Leadership: maintain key external alliances, support management committees, implement community outreach initiatives, be a liaison between committees, manage and support programs such as the Center for Sustainable Leadership Women’s Leadership Initiative, Urban Product Council, and the Young Leaders Group, including all aspects of planning and implementation
• Committees: send invitations, track RSVPs, recruit volunteers, prepare for meetings, ensure members complete assignments, attend meetings, take minutes and send notes, assist in creation of annual plans
• Programs: prepare handouts and presentations, assist with meeting logistics, coordinate with support staff, track volunteers and volunteer assignments
• Communications: draft and finalize persuasive written communications on complex topics, contribute ideas and finished pieces for marketing, participate in sponsorship and new member recruitment, keep aware of and utilize new technologies
• Administration: access the database to print labels/badges and make reports, answer calls and emails, do some admin tasks and special projects, be the backup for administrative staff
Great candidates have a BS/BA degree, 4+ years of experience in many of the areas listed above, and the capacities and approaches described. Substantive knowledge in real estate and land use is preferred, but not required.
Compensation is competitive for this full-time position with great opportunity for growth.
How to Apply
To apply send an email to email@example.com with all of the following:
1. A personalized cover letter
2. Your resume
3. Salary expectations
4. LinkedIn or equivalent social media links
No phone calls, please.