Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on March 13th, 2017 at 1:17 pm
Job Title *
Bike Instructor for Summer Camp
The Lumberyard Bike Park
Job Description *
The Lumberyard is Portland’s Indoor mountain bike park, and offers a variety of programming including Spring, Fall and Winter after school programs and weekly Summer camps. Instructors will be responsible for following our set curriculum for youth, ages 4-14. Programs include warm up activities, bike skills instruction, basic bike maintenance, video skills review and other group activities, indoor and outdoor. There will also be opportunities to participate in private instruction for both youth and adults.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Provide a safe and stable environment for participants, mostly youth ages 4-14,
– work as a team with other instructors, assistants and supervisors,
– be an ambassador for the Lumberyard on and off site,
– provide bike skill instruction and supervision for groups of 5 or less,
– relate with and encourage youth while serving as a positive role model,
– lead organized games and other age appropriate activities,
– assist with daily set-up and clean-up,
– fulfill goals of the program to provide a consistent and high quality experience,
– further program administrative responsibilities as, experience indicates,
serve in Guest Services role, as needed, and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and ability requirements:
– Satisfactorily complete Lumberyard Instructor Training,
– be able to demonstrate competency at skills required for camp activities (ie: mountain biking and/or bmx riding, assisting new riders, basic mechanical skills, group management, etc.),
– have at least 2 years experience working with youth, ages 4-14,
– have at least 2 years experience instructing any skill,
– IMBA or PMBI Mt. Bike Instructor Training Certification preferred,
– current CPR and First Aid certification required, and
– Wilderness First Aid, a plus.
Wage: Depending on experience and certifications.
Hours: May lead to work year round (32-40 hr/week).
How to Apply *
To Apply: Hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include easy to review files including a copy of your resume, 2 personal or professional references with contact information and most importantly the links or attachments telling your story. The subject of your email should read “Yes, I want to teach at the Lumberyard!”
Thanks for checking us out!