Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on October 28th, 2016 at 10:23 am
Job Title *
Job Description *
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Bears primary responsibility for day-to-day operations of the Service Department
• Assists Service Staff with exceeding customer expectations.
• Manages inventory, special order purchasing and reporting through the store POS system.
• Places appropriate special orders and ensures that all policies are followed for ordering and receiving small parts.
• Keeps track of and processes all paperwork and POS based receiving of special order and repair parts.
• Coordinates with Velotech’s marketing organization to facilitate promotions, sales, and special events as they relate to the service department.
• Processes bike related warranties as needed.
• Conducts rolling cycle counts to ensure service inventory accuracy.
• Requests appropriate product so that the store has repair parts necessary for fast service turn-around.
• Responsible for opening/closing the store when scheduled.
• Assists Store Manager in training staff on product selection, service procedures, 3point5 and S-Tech on-line training, POS system.
• Reviews staff performance with Store Manager.
• Monitors daily service levels and ensures enough resources are available to complete scheduled services and that each specialty service is assigned to a mechanic capable of completing that service
• Works with Store Manager to handle all anomalies that arise from service operations.
• Coaches staff for policy and procedure violations, ensures that store runs to company policy in the absence of Store Manager.
• Assists with scheduling and processing/approval of time off requests.
• Acts as the public face of the store at Community Events when assigned.
• Is the third point of contact for alarm’s, and other crisis situations.
• Able to assess customer’s bikes for indicated problems and generate an accurate financial and time estimate for repairing the issue to the customer’s satisfaction
• Familiar with all aspects of bicycle technologies, including but not limited to
o SRAM Red eTap
o Hydraulic Disk Brakes
o Front and rear suspension
• Able to troubleshoot appropriate solutions for systems that do not have readily available replacement parts
• Willing to create service checklists and hold staff to these set standards
• Responsible for ensuring the service staff prepares the department for normal operations at opening time and handles End of Day procedures including cleaning up work station and ensuring all continuing work is communicated appropriately
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• 3 years professional shop experience
• A bicycle background is a must
• Must be computer literate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Familiar with the repair and function of all commonly used drivetrain and suspension technologies.
• Aware of appropriate vendors for sourcing replacement parts and tools to ensure timely repair turn-around
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Solid knowledge of cycling products
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication
• Ability to be an advocate for cycling in the local community
• Ability to work independently or with others to manage multiple task with minimal supervision.
• Ability to spend time talking to people about bicycles
How to Apply *
Please apply by clicking company link below: