Job Title *
Bike shop mechanic / customer service
North Portland Bike Works
Job Description *
We need another body in the shop!
North Portland Bike Works is in need of some shop help.
We want someone who is a good mechanic and a good person. Customer service and being warm and inviting are priorities for our shop.
Shop experience necessary. Preferably 2 years, however if you have a good grasp of bikey things and are fantastic with people, please feel free to drop by a resume.
Customer service needs:
– Ability to help a wide variety of customers in a friendly and accessible manner
– Able to explain mechanical issues in an easy to understand way
– Size and fit customers on new bikes for sale
– Assess and estimate repairs
– Perform repairs in a timely fashion
– New bike builds
– We are a very basic commuter shop, no suspension or hydraulic service and not much in the way of high end bits
Traits we appreciate:
– Good communication
– Easy to engage with
– On time/punctual
– Ability to ask questions or for help if needed
The position will be three or four days a week, 27-36 hours. Weekend hours will be necessary. Pay rate depends on experience.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
North Portland Bike Works is a non-profit community bike shop with a small, committed staff. Please look at our painfully outdated website www.northportlandbikeworks.org to get more info on us. We are a very friendly and motivated shop with a goal of helping anyone regardless of their knowledge or experience.
How to Apply *
Feel free to drop off your resume during shop hours. Mon-Sat 11-6 and Sunday 12-4. 3978 N Mississippi Ave Portland OR 97227 (SE corner of Mississippi and Shaver)