Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on October 14th, 2013 at 11:47 am
Sorry. The company that listed this job does not want to receive any more resumes at this time.
Portland Design Works
Portland Design Works (PDW) designs and develops simple, beautiful gear for everyday cycling. Located in Portland, Oregon, we are a fast-growing passion-driven company looking for the newest member of our close-knit team. We are on the lookout for our new Dealer Sales Manager to develop bicycle dealer sales and service in the North America and abroad. This person will be evaluative, contagiously enthusiastic, and possess the personality and talent to complement our current team.
• Develop a comprehensive sales strategy for our brand, from dealer loyalty programs to special events.
• Implement and maintain a customer management system (Sales Force).
• Increase product awareness and sales by calling current and prospective dealers.
• Keep distributor sales representatives informed about new PDW goods and how to sell them.
• Create and send out a dealer eNewsletter.
• Travel to target markets to visit with dealer employees and buyers (and get them stoked!).
• Approximately 1/2 day per week in Pacific NW
• Approximately 7 weeks per year outside Pacific NW
• Provide the Product Manager with feedback on PDW products from dealers.
Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years experience in sales at a bicycle distributor or bicycle industry brand is required
• Competent in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Experience using customer relationship management software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Natural ability to engage and persuade others
• Salary based on experience
• Performance-based bonus
• Health insurance and dental
• Paid vacation and sick leave
How to Apply
Please send you resume and cover letter to: