Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on June 20th, 2007 at 3:04 pm
This position has been filled.
Job Title – Part Time Mechanic & Instructor
Company/Organization – PSU Bicycle Cooperative
The PSU Bicycle Cooperative is an on-campus bicycle repair shop servicing the PSU Community. Our focus is to teach basic bicycle repair and maintenance techniques that will help keep our students, faculty and staff on the road. Additionally, it is our goal to supply PSU cyclists with affordable, quality, replacement parts and merchandise. We are dedicated to increasing the number of cyclists at PSU, empowering all cyclists with the ability to understand and repair their own bicycle, and promoting the bicycle both as recreation and as an efficient mode of transportation.
- * Sale of annual memberships to the PSU Community.
* Assess customers bikes for necessary repairs.
* Instruct members on how to make repairs to their bike with a focus on skill building and retention.
* Instruction of best practices and techniques for long term bicycle maintenance.
* Sale of stock items and merchandise.
* Assist customers with parts replacement recommendations and customized ordering from vendors.
* Assist with shop organization of tools, supplies and merchandise.
* Place orders with various parts and merchandise distributors. Verify all incoming orders from distributors.
* Maintain a friendly, clean, organized, safe and welcoming envirnoment at the co-op.
* Daily reconciliation of cash register and receipts.
- * Ability to work with the public and a maintain a friendly, outgoing attitude.
* Highly organized with an attention for detail.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Basic retail sales skills.
* Experience with cash handling procedures.
* Basic PC skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Dedication to helping create new cyclists and teach self-sufficiency.
* Previous experience in retail service preferred.
* Bike shop experience preferred.
* PSU is an equal opportunity employer.
* Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
* Current PSU Students are encouraged to apply
Hours and Pay:
- Hours: 15-25+ hours per week
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 3-5 days per week, weekends off.
How to Apply – Submit cover letterand resume to email@example.com