BikePortland.org is an independent, daily news source that covers all aspects of Portland bike scene. The site was founded in July 2005 by Jonathan Maus. Maus is still editor and publisher and in May 2013 we added News Editor Michael Andersen to the team.
In addition to breaking and daily news features on the Front Page, BikePortland is also known for its photo archive, Job Listings, Stolen Bike Listings, forums, podcast, and regular columns like the Real Estate Beat, Ride Along, People on Bikes, Ask BikePortland, and more.
BikePortland not only creates the news, we are often called on to be a part of it. Below is just a small sampling of recent media appearances:
– BikePortland.org is go-to site for bicycling news — Portland Business Journal, May 10th, 2013
– Talk Box: Bike Tourism in Oregon — Jonathan was featured in a live panel discussion that aired on KGW-TV (NBC) on May 9th, 2013
– Jonathan Maus: Bike Advocacy, Journalism, and the Struggle for Balance — Interview on The Bicycle Story, April 2013
– New York After Hurricane Sandy Through the Lens of a Portland Bike Journalist — Portland Bureau of Emergency Management, November 2012 (Video)
– Your Voice Your Vote: Licenses for bicyclists? — KATU-TV, September 2012 (Video)
– Bike blogger’s route takes a write turn — Portland Tribune, August 2012
– Bike Portland’s Jonathan Maus keeps the gears turning on the city’s two-wheeled vision — Street Roots, July 2010
– Rise of the Blogs — Portland Mercury, January 2010 (BikePortland was the #1 ranked Portland news blog based on coverage of city issues)
– Ranked the #1 bike blog in the world — London Cyclist, February 2009
– Blogger rallies the biking faithful, and City Hall blinks — The Oregonian, May 2007 (linked to archived page)
BikePortland is run by Pedaltown Media, Inc., a corporation registered in the state of Oregon owned by our Publisher & Editor Jonathan Maus. The site is supported by a mix of advertising revenue and readers like you.
If you have any questions, or if you would like to talk about an ad campaign, please contact us. Thanks for reading!