Holiday Weekend Event Guide

Posted by Amos Hunter (Columnist) on December 24th, 2010 at 3:45 pm

It's a holiday weekend, and it looks like most bike events are taking a little break as well. For those who are looking to celebrate the season by bike I've tracked down two great group rides that should satisfy your holiday hunger. Here's wishing everyone a happy and safe weekend.

Friday, December 24th

4:30pm: Kool Yule
Get in the festive spirit for this tour of local lights and holiday cheer. Meet at the Starbucks at 4633 NE Fremont and ride with the group on an easy ride along the Alameda ridge. Feel free to decorate your bike and yourself to add to the merriment.

5:45pm: Joy of Sects–Christmas Eve Edition
Experience the religious side of Christmas eve on this spiritual sampler hosted by friend of the Bike Temple, Scott Batchelar. Visit evening Christmas services in Northwest and Downtown Portland, see some lights, and stop for dinner and conversation along the way. Ride meets at Jamison Square by the Christmas Tree.

Possibly related posts

Comments
  • Perry Hunter December 24, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Be good to each other, and think SNOW!

• ksteinhoff December 25, 2010 at 7:50 am

We're not likely to get snow in S. FL, but we're looking at our third hard freeze warning of the season. I'm glad we worked in our holiday light tour between the cold snaps.

• Mike December 25, 2010 at 9:55 pm

You want snow , head east.

• Perry Hunter December 26, 2010 at 12:30 pm

That stuff on the east coast is too serious. I want the snow in my backyard, and on the hillside at the church down the street...

• Spiffy December 27, 2010 at 5:45 am

since my derailleur ate my wheel on Wednesday I didn't get back on the bike until yesterday... sure I could have borrowed the wife's but it doesn't have xmas lights on it...