July 6th, 2006
City Hall Atrium
- *The show was a huge success! We packed City Hall. Read the recap and view photos.
*Download event flyer (jpg)
*Don’t miss the impromptu Freak Bike Show in front of City Hall, organized by Zoobomb!
Announcing the first annual Made in Portland Bicycle Show and Art Exhibition coming to City Hall on Thursday July 6th from 5-8PM.
Join us in a celebration of our artisan bicycle industry as we showcase Portland’s independent, custom builders and artists. As I reported last month, this event is part of Commissioner Sam Adams’ monthly First Thursday celebration and will take place in the beautiful atrium of our historic City Hall building at 1221 SW Fourth Street downtown.
Here is the list of builders confirmed to attend:
- Joseph Ahearne – Ahearne Cycles
- Ira Ryan – Ira Ryan Cycles
- Sacha White – Vanilla Bicycles
- Andy Newlands – Strawberry Bicycles
- JoJo Paquini – Paquini Cycles
- Tony Pereira – Pereira Cycles
- Bill Stites – Stites Designs
- Natalie Ramsland – Sweetpea Bicycles
- Landon Holt – Tonic Fabrication Group
- *Special Guest: King Cycle Group/Chris King Components
In addition to these bike builders, we’ve put together an exhibition of bike art that will hang in the offices of three city commissioners throughout the month. Here’s the current list of confirmed artists:
- Carye Bye – Bike-themed letterpressed cards.
- Emily Meier – Pen and watercolor event flyers.
- Matt Cardinal – Chalk drawings.
- David “Chops” Darby – Sculpture using recycled bike parts.
- Shawn Granton – Bike event posters.
- Tiago Denczuk – Alberta Clown House resident, tall-bike creator, and painter.
- Sara Stout
So save the date and join us for bikes, art, drinks and food at this very special First Thursday event.