Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on September 13th, 2013 at 6:38 pm
Bicycle Mechanics Instructor
United Bicycle Institute
United Bicycle Institute is seeking a bicycle mechanics instructor for UBI’s Portland location. We are looking for a mature, dynamic, enthusiastic person who wants to join an innovative, growing company.
You must have:
* A minimum of five years experience as a professional bicycle mechanic
* Demonstrated public speaking, teaching or coaching experience
* Extensive knowledge of the bicycle industry and current bicycle products
* A deep commitment to customer service
* A strong work ethic
* The ability to work as a member of a team and work well with students from a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experience levels
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Basic computer skills
* A strong desire to grow your skills and stay current with industry trends and new technologies
Experience working for a major industry manufacturer, distributor or fabricator, familiarity with frame building, solid experience with suspension technology, and/or social media marketing skills are all a big plus.
UBI provides competitive wages as well as company-paid health and retirement benefits.
How to Apply
To apply please e-mail a resume, three professional references and cover letter by October 4 to:
No phone calls, please.