Sorry. This job has been filled.
Bike Mechanic/Service Writer
Abraham Fixes Bikes LLC
Abraham Fixes Bikes is a small repair only bicycle shop. We are hiring an experienced bicycle mechanic for a seasonal to year-round position. Please take some time to read through the website, discover our philosophy and see if you would compliment our business.
The position will begin June 1st and be for 20-30 hrs per week. This position is a seasonal position with the option for permanent position.
Compensation is $11 to $13 per hour depending on experience.
• UBI or other professional training AND 2 year of professional service shop experience.
• Or 3 years professional service shop experience.
• Knowledge of current and older bicycles and the replacement of their parts
• Ability to perform service in a timely fashion
• Ability to diagnose and estimate cost of repairs
• Familiarity with wholesalers and ordering parts
• Strong organizational skills (esp. with tools) will be preferred.
• Ability to accept feedback and criticism in a professional manner
Customer service needs:
• Ability to help a wide variety of customers in a friendly and accessible manner
• Ability to explain difficult issues in an easy to understand way, never leaving the customer feeling unequal because they don’t understand “bike terminology”
• Treat every customer with the same amount of respect.
• Ability to assess customer’s knowledge and meet them where they are with their cycling needs.
How to Apply
To apply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org which includes:
– Two to three paragraphs telling us why you’re interested in working for Abraham Fixes Bikes, your cycling background and all relevant skills.
– Strong applicants will be invited to a working interview, once all resumes are in, to see if our shop is a good fit for all.
– Please include strong references.