Sorry. This job has been filled.
Community Cycling Center
About the Community Cycling Center
We believe bicycles are a tool for empowerment and a vehicle for change. The Community Cycling Center broadens access to bicycling and its benefits through hands-on programs, volunteer projects, and neighborhood bike shop. This position is located at the Community Cycling Center bike shop at 1700 NE Alberta. The Community Cycling Center is an energetic and collaborative workplace. Visit www.CommunityCylingCenter.org for more information about us.
The Community Cycling Center promotes an inclusive culture and encourages people with diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply.
General Position Summary:
The Inventory Specialist is responsible for the intake, organization, and stocking of parts and accessories at the Community Cycling Center bike shop. With the support of the shop management team the Inventory Specialist will work to ensure that shop inventory remains adequately stocked and well organized. This position will require experience working with inventory management systems, the ability to refine and develop workable systems, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively as needed.
Essential Job Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Shipment Reception and Inventory Management
• Receive and organize all delivered shipments from distributors
• Stock shop and retail items on a daily basis
• Maintain and improve storage systems and retail environment to increase efficiency, capacity and inventory reliability.
• Advise shop management on stocking levels based on inventory trends
• Work collaboratively with all shop staff to maintain reliable and relevant inventories
• Perform regular inventory checks
• Work to refine current inventory management system
• Communicate with customers concerning special orders
• Work with retail management to create displays to showcase products in innovative and efficient ways
• Participate in team meetings
• As a non-profit we believe that fundraising is everyone’s job. There is an expectation that all employees will support fundraising efforts.
• Attention to detail and a methodical approach to accomplishing tasks
• Ability to evaluate weekly and seasonal trends
• Capacity to work independently and deliver on objectives
• Experience with POS and general computer systems
• Knowledge of bicycles and their components
• Previous experience working with diverse individuals and communities
• Ability to work a flexible schedule if needed
• Successful candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check
• Proficiency in Spanish strongly desired
• Driver’s license a plus
• Graphic design experience a plus
PAY RATE & BENEFITS:
Hours: Full Time (32-40 hrs/wk), nonexempt, seasonal
Pay: $11.50 – 12.50/hour
Term: Start approximately March 1st. End: November 30
Schedule: Flexible, Monday through Sunday.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and (3) references to: Jobs@communitycyclingcenter.org
Please indicate “Inventory Specialist” in Subject Line. This position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please.