Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on September 28th, 2007 at 8:47 am
University of Rutgers Professor John Pucher will be giving a brown bag presentation at Portland State University this Friday on the topic of Promoting Safe Walking and Cycling to Improve Public Health: Lessons from Europe.
Dr. Pucher has researched and written extensively about bicycling around the world including:
* Comparative analysis of urban transport systems and travel behavior in the USA, Europe, and Canada.
* Urban transport in China and India.
* How to promote safe walking and cycling in the USA on the basis of successful policies in Canada and Europe.
* Public health impacts of land use and transportation policies.
* Transportation impacts of economic transformations in formerly socialist countries of Central Europe.
* Multi-modal coordination of public transport services and fares throughout metropolitan areas and integration of non-motorized modes (bicycling and walking) into the overall urban transport system.
Attend the discussion:
PSU, Room 204 Distance Learning Center Wing of the Urban Center.
Can't make it? View a live streaming discussion online.
This workshop is free and open to the public.Email This Post Possibly related posts