Posted by Jonathan "J.R" Reed on June 1st, 2011 at 8:46 pm
Sorry. This job has been filled. See more jobs here.
Job Title: Prep Cook (part time)
We’re a small quirky company that makes and delivers organic soups using local ingredients. We’ve been in business three years- we have a solid foundation and we’re growing rapidly. Every week we cook and package 3 different soups (meat, vegetarian, and vegan) and then deliver it to the masses of Portland by bicycle!
We are looking for someone who:
• loves making and eating soups
• has past professional food experience of 2+ years
• has past experience making soups
• is passionate about local organic food
• has knowledge of seasonality, vegetable varieties and local flavors
• has experience cooking in a production environment with large batches (not required, but a definite plus)
• is focused and fast; able to keep prep work and cooking on task
• is able to wield a knife like it’s nobody’s business
• is excited to learn from an experienced chef
• has management experience (bonus points)
• Prep work, soup cooling, packaging, product labeling, dishes and kitchen cleaning
• One year minimum commitment
• During the summer: Tuesdays 8am-6pm (approx)
• Starting in the fall this job will likely expand to Sundays and possibly Saturdays as well.
Pay is $10/hour plus a generous soupy allowance.
How to Apply:
Send 2-3 paragraphs telling us why you want to work with SoupCycle, your kitchen experience and relevant skills to jed[at]soupcycle[dot]com. Position will close when filled.