Job Title *
SalesForce Database Administrator
Bicycle Transportation Alliance
Job Description *
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance (BTA) is a non-profit membership organization working to promote bicycling and improve bicycling conditions in Oregon. Since 1990, the BTA has worked in partnership with citizens, businesses, community groups, government agencies, and elected officials to create communities where people can meet their daily transportation needs by bike.
Our team is talented, energized and driven by a strong passion to get more people on bikes by making bicycling safer, convenient and accessible. We have ambitious goals, work in a fast paced environment and are committed to success – and we have fun while we do it!
BTA is seeking a highly organized and self-motivated individual to join our team to administer our SalesForce contact and donor database.
In this increasingly important and dynamic position, the Database Administrator will collaborate with staff across all departments. This position is integral to the BTA in creating and implementing tools and procedures to increase data efficiency and usability. We are looking for an individual with strong analytical and problem solving skills, who loves data and loves to talk to people about data. SalesForce certification is not required, but candidates should possess a proven ability to effectively utilize contact databases.
Key outcomes expected:
• Implementation of comprehensive plan to manage data integrity and security.
• Elevate BTA’s effectiveness through increased efficiency and usability.
• Minimize service interruptions and create a stellar end-user experience for both internal and external constituencies.
Responsibilities will include:
• Analyze and improve upon current database practices and systems.
• Maintain and administer BTA’s SalesForce database, including data integrity, data clean-up, application installation, storage management, and staff training.
• Collaborate with product vendors/app groups while designing the interfaces and 3rd party services, backend systems and various monitoring/analytical tools.
• Create processes that prioritize excellent e-commerce experience for members, donors, and stakeholders.
• Set up and maintain regular processes and procedures. Perform quality assurance on deliverables and work products. Audit, uncover and resolve data integrity issues.
• Create and manage custom lists, online forms, naming convention and uploads.
• Manage internal operations systems and processes.
The ideal candidate will possess:
● Moderate to advanced experience with SalesForce. Let’s be honest here, if you can’t operate our database, we are unable to hire you.
● A strong commitment to BTA’s mission.
● A love of problem solving and creating new and innovative ways of addressing issues.
● Energy, enthusiasm and a professional attitude.
● Experience with database administration, system maintenance, database development or data warehousing, and experience in analytics.
● Extremely high attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency.
● Self-starter with ability to improve systems.
● Integrity, honesty, professionalism and accountability are fundamental to the position.
● Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Excellent time management skills, including ability to balance multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities. Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
● Degree in information technology, computer software, computer science or similar education and experience.
The BTA is an equal opportunity employer. We believe strongly that relevant experiences are better indicators of performance than educational degrees. All employees must be team players. We love people who bicycle, but do not hire based on how people get to work. We do expect that our employees embrace our mission and vision for creating livable, healthy and sustainable communities.
How to Apply *
Submit resume and cover letter describing your skills, professional goals and relevant experience to email@example.com. Please put “Database Administrator” in the subject line. No faxes or phone calls please.