Community Cycling Center
About the Community Cycling Center
We believe that the bicycle is a tool for empowerment and a vehicle for change. The Community Cycling Center, founded in 1994, is a 501(c) 3 that broadens access to bicycling and its benefits.
The Community Cycling Center is an energetic workplace with a collaborative style. Visit www.CommunityCyclingCenter.org for more information about us. The Community Cycling Center is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with diverse abilities and experiences are encouraged to apply.
The Community Cycling Center values organizational cultural competency and continuously strives for greater organizational effectiveness. We work to gain the skills and capabilities needed to collaborate more effectively across cultures, and as a result, have a greater capacity to address social inequity, multiple disparities, and effect long lasting change within our community.
The Bookkeeper I role is a full-time position creates financial transactions and financial reports in accordance with GAAP Standards and provides general support for administrative functions. This position regularly reports to the lead of the HR & Finance Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Account Management Function
• Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
• Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
• Tag and monitor fixed assets
• Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
• Monitor debt levels and compliance
• Issue invoices to customers
• Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
• Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
• Provide information to the HR & Finance Department lead
• Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Maintain the chart of accounts, annual budget, and historical records
• Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
• Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
• Issue draft financial statements
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
• Drafts required reports to in a timely manner in accordance with standard reporting due dates
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
• Regularly reports to COO on financial related tasks
Cash Management Function
• Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
• Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
• Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
• Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
• Ensure internal controls are followed
• Maintain the petty cash fund
• Process payroll in a timely manner
• Ensure all payroll liability and expense accounts are correctly reported
• Coordinate Payroll liabilities with HR Specialist(s)
• Ensure timely payment of Payroll related expenses
Education and Work Experience
The bookkeeper candidate should have an Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the QuickBooks, SalesForce, GNSA, or ADP accounting and payroll software packages.
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong time management skills.
• Extensive knowledge of computer software (Windows, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, etc), computer hardware and computer servers.
• Proficiency in using a variety of computer software applications, especially Excel and Microsoft Word software.
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
• Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
• Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Position Type: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: COO
Wage: $30,000 to $35,000 annual salary, paid semi-monthly
Benefits: Eligible for full-time benefits
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and (3) references to:
RE: Bookkeeper I